Associate Director, Global Clinical Data Integration Operations
Merk Sharp and Dohme
Director Global Operations Job in Point, PA
To be part of an exciting team and to be in the forefront of changing the way we work for the benefit of the organization. Working closely with the GCDI Director of Operations within the Global Data Management & Standards (GDMS) organization, the Associate Director of GCDI Operations is responsible for assisting and coordinating efforts across global GCDI functions pertaining to resource forecasting, 3rd party contracting and invoicing, financial forecasting, operations reviews, and strategic innovation initiatives. As part of the operations team the Associate Director may assist with activities in Global Innovation Forum, working with core team and global leaders to ensure appropriate governance oversight, metrics and analytics, and process design methodology is employed to achieve targeted productivity improvements and business outcomes. Plays a key implementer role in helping to execute the GCDI strategy priorities in operations and achieve GCDI its operational objectives. The Associate Director of GCDI Operations serves as a core member of the GCDI Operations Team, proactively engaging with stakeholders inside and outside of GCDI, and across global sites to drive efforts critical to the success of GCDI and GDMS.
* Assists all data management support activities within their functional area. This may include responsibility for clinical research, clinical pharmacology, and epidemiology studies as well as non-project support.
* Aligns others around a positive direction. Under the guidance of the Operations Director and/or their manager, plans and implements challenging, but achievable objectives that clearly support stated organizational goals.
* Plays a key role working through algorithms for the functions to align with demand and forecasting needs so that the Book of Business is met with quality and timeliness.
* Has an ability to project manage workstreams or standalone projects at the GCDI level and workstreams at the GDMS level.
* May collaborate with data management groups from other divisions, companies, and agencies to ensure the validity and effectiveness of data management techniques and processes within GDMS.
* Keeps abreast of new developments in clinical data collection, processing, storage, and retrieval in order to provide guidance in the selection, enhancement, and maintenance of data management tools and processes.
* May assist or provide support to a continuous improvement special project.
* May manage direct reports and/or supervise contingent, non-exempt, or temporary workers, offshore.
* May assist as needed the change management practice under the guidance of the Operations Director. Able to move the roles, processes, leadership and organization through stages of change.
Education Minimum Requirement:
* B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in life sciences, business operations, or related discipline.
Required Experience and Skills:
* 8 years' experience in cross-functional Operations. (Pharmaceutical industry is preferred), as appropriate, in a business role or related industry experience.
* Working knowledge of the Drug Discovery or Drug Surveillance Process, ICH and GCP guidelines is preferred.
* Working with operational principles like algorithms, capacity, productivity, time and effort principles like capacity management.
* Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, project management and project coordination skills.
* Exceptional communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to communicate with both the technical and business areas.
* Strong sense of urgency and leadership abilities.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* Basic understanding of change management concepts
* Basic knowledge of statistical concepts
* Ability to present in a group environment.
* Ability to be flexible, multi-task and work independently.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
For positions located in the United States and Puerto Rico - Subject to applicable law, all new hires (including internal transfers) must demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or that they qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement. New hires (including internal transfers) to a position that, as determined by the Company, requires routine collaboration with external stakeholders (such as roles in health services or customer-facing commercial or research-based roles) ("Customer-Facing Role") who are not vaccinated must qualify for a medical or religious exemption and be in a position that the Company determines can accommodate unvaccinated employees without causing an undue burden to business operations. If, following dialog with the candidate as appropriate, it is determined that the candidate either a) does not qualify for a religious or medical exemption or, b) for candidates applying for Customer-Facing roles, it is determined that allowing the candidate to work without vaccination would cause an undue burden to the Company, the candidate will be ineligible for hire or transfer, or any offer of employment or transfer (if applicable) will be revoked. Please note that notwithstanding the approval of any reasonable accommodation, the Company reserves the right to monitor, modify, or revoke any such accommodation if it is determined, following dialog with the employee, that the accommodation is no longer effective or results in an undue burden to the Company.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Washington State and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: