Department of Agriculture
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
Learn more about this agency
* Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-11 level.
* Plans work to be accomplished, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
* Hears and resolves minor complaints from employees, and refers group grievances and more seriously unresolved complaints to supervisor.
* Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
* Provides leadership in the fire safety program in a doctrinal principles based approach.
* Directs a fire management program with a high complexity level. Serves as a member of the district/zone Leadership Team, which is responsible for coordination and development of overall long-range district/zone planning.
* Implements corrective measures for violations of the Occupational Safety and Health Act standards, directs the periodic inspection of all workplaces, manages work/rest ratio.
* Participates in the development, utilization and integration of district/zone fire resources to accomplish Forest targets.
* Directs all aspects of the district/zones fire, fuels and aviation management program.
* Coordinates fuels management plans and activities with other districts programs and objectives. Coordinates with other functional programs to provide the workforce necessary to accomplish