Behavioral Health Aide Trainee - Kipnuk
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, provides a variety of village-based substance use assessments, crisis stabilization, case management, screenings, and rehabilitation services consistent with their education, training and experience.
* Minimum Education: High school or GED equivalent. Must commit to advancing through a certification program.
* Minimum Experience: Two (2) years experience in the field of Community Services, may be volunteer work if documented. Demonstrates mature judgment, must have the ability to communicate, retrieve and present data and information both verbally, written and electronic. Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits.
* License, Certifications, Registration : May develop with supervisor a plan to obtain Substance Abuse Counselor certification. Must partner with supervisor to advance to BHA-I certification. Must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 180 hours toward a specialized BHA-I training program and a 100 hour clinical practicum under the direct supervision of a licensed clinician.
* Equipment/Tools: Must have computer skills. Must have good telephone etiquette. Good verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual Yup'ik/English/Regional preferred.
* Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of communication skills plus motivation sufficient for learning in behavioral health counseling field. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to learn counseling skills through in-service training. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
* Ten paid ho