Equipment Operator - Front Loader
The Operator - Metering Box is responsible for properly maintaining the metering box and ancillary equipment within the Graphics Packaging mill in Queen City, Texas. The Operator - Metering Box maintains adequate material in the metering box to effectively support the mill's fuel needs, by filling the hopper properly, organizing and moving material to maximize work space, providing appropriate maintenance on all equipment, and monitoring the metering box's production to obtain optimal efficiency. This position works primarily independently and has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Load metering box with adequate supply of material, making sure to not overload the hopper and cause damage
* Stockpile material in a manner that maximizes space, which maintaining safety standards
* Cleans metering box and surrounding area in accordance with best operating practices and safety standards
* Performs repairs and maintenance on metering box and ancillary equipment
* Monitors the metering box production, noting any disruptions or downtime
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
* Basic smart phone skills
* Basic math skills (addition, subtractions)
* Experience working with little supervision
* Knowledge of various types of equipment
* Experience running a front loader
* Ability to perform minor maintenance to front loader and hopper
* Experience working outdoors
* Experience working 12-hour days
* Must be able to work in all outside weather conditions (wet, hot, cold)
* Ability to work with a moderate noise level
* Ability to sit, climb, balance, stoop, bend over, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk for various periods of time
* Must wear steal toed boots, reflective vest, hard hat, gloves, ear plugs and safety glasses
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Koppers Recovery Resources offers competitive compensation, 401(k) match, employee stock purchase program, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a benefit package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law, state, or local law.