Amazon Warehouse Worker - Earn Up to $16.50/hour
Amazon Workforce Staffing
North San Juan, CA
Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate
You'll be part of the dedicated Amazon team that is the first stop on the journey from the warehouse. Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a sortation center. You will be sorting, scanning, and stacking packages on pallets, helping to get customer orders ready for delivery. Because most of the shifts are part-time, you are in control of your schedule choosing shifts that work best for you now and the ability to adjust your schedule in the future, as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of your duties may include:
* Receive and sort inventory
* Get customer orders ready for delivery
* Use technology like scanners, computers, and handheld printers
You'll also need to be able to:
* Lift up to 49 pounds
* Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
* Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
* Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
* Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
What it's like at an Amazon Sortation Center
* Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
* Surroundings. You'll be working around moving machines - order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
* Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
* Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
* Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
* Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
$29k-32k yearly est.