Virginia Community College System
Role Title Trainer Instructor I Role Code 29111-FP FLSA Non-Exempt Pay Band 03 Working Title Nursing Lab Specialist Position Number 280W2121 Agency Northern VA Community College Division NV280-Provost Medical Educ Ctr Work Location Fairfax County - 059 Hiring Range $30/hr Emergency/Essential Personnel No EEO Category E-Paraprofessionals Full Time or Part Time Part Time Does this position have telework options? Does this position have a bilingual or multilingual skill requirement or preference? Work Schedule
Flexible with evening and weekend hours expected. There will be skill testing weeks with higher demands during the course of each semester. This position allows for up to 29 hours/week.
Sensitive Position No Job Description
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is the second largest community college in the United States and the largest public educational institution in Virginia. NOVA has more than 71,000 students and 2,600 faculty and staff members. As one of the most internationally diverse colleges in the United States, with a student body consisting of individuals from more than 180 countries, NOVA is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable Virginia by fostering excellence in higher education. As an Achieving the Dream "Leader College," NOVA is committed to the principles of access, opportunity, student success, and excellence by meeting the educational and training needs of the region and its people with excellent and affordable courses and programs, offered by an inspired and committed diverse faculty and support staff.
With six unique locations throughout our region, each conveniently located within 40 miles of Washington D.C, we have Northern Virginia covered. NOVA's Alexandria Campus is located seven miles from the nation's capital, just across the Potomac River from Washington DC; the Annandale Campus, with its urban feel and suburban appeal, is ranked as the most diverse in Virginia and boasts a thriving Koreatown; the Loudoun Campus is located in a comfortable suburb steeped in colonial history; the Manassas Campus is located next to Manassas Battlefield Park, site of the first major battle of the Civil War; the Woodbridge Campus is home to municipal parks, state parks, and national wildlife refuges; and the Medical Education Campus, located in Springfield, is a uniquely specialized campus that stands apart from what most community colleges can offer, with the area boasting an abundance of hiking and biking trails, and parks with nature and wildlife areas.
NOVA offers an opportunity to make a difference with outstanding career opportunities and competitive total rewards benefits, including a comprehensive health and dental insurance program, generous paid leave, deferred compensation plans, paid parental leave, state employee discounts, and a solid and secure retirement system. NOVA embraces opportunities to create a college community that is a welcoming and inclusive place to learn and work. We do this by fostering a sense of belonging and ensuring equity while maintaining an open, civil, and safe environment for our students, faculty, staff, and guests. In so doing, NOVA fulfills its mission to offer world-class teaching and learning to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The security of our students, faculty, and staff is very important at NOVA. Please take a moment to review NOVA's Annual Security Reports.
Reinforces and evaluates clinical nursing skills in campus laboratory and provides written and manual testing of nursing skills.
Duties and Tasks:
* Reinforces and evaluates clinical nursing skills in campus laboratory and provides written and manual testing of nursing skills.
* Works collaboratively with Nursing Faculty to develop lab policies, skills testing and integration of psychomotor skill in the nursing curriculum.
* Sets up laboratory for student practice of skills.
* Assists in the development of laboratory schedule for faculty and students.
* Maintains laboratory supplies, equipment and inventory.
* Completes purchase requests for new equipment and supplies as requested.
* Cross trains and works with campus simulation center staff and nursing faculty as needed.
* Hours may be a combination of day and evening hours and may include weekends.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
* Working knowledge of individual and group teaching techniques.
* Registered Nurse skills reflected by current occupational experience and knowledge as an RN.
* Ability to demonstrate their work with students of various backgrounds and educational levels
* Ability to advise students and provide remedial tutorial assistance
* Ability to evaluate student course work
* Ability to operate lab equipment and instruct others on how to utilize equipment efficiently
* Excellent communication Skills both written and oral.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Masters in Nursing or related field, or equivalent applicable experience or training.
* Registered Nursing License in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
* Experience working in a clinical practice/nursing environment.
Masters in Nursing. Registered Nurse License in Commonwealth of Virginia. Significant experience in clinical nursing practice in acute care setting. CPR certified.
Operation of a State Vehicle No Supervises Employees No Required Travel
Posting Number WGE_520P Recruitment Type Public Number of Vacancies 1 Position End Date (if temporary) Job Open Date 10/01/2021 Job Close Date 10/22/2021 Open Until Filled No Agency Website www.nvcc.edu Contact Name Email Phone Number Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
Governor's Mandate Message
Executive Order #18. Newly hired, including employees transferring from other state agencies, will be required to provide their vaccination status prior to starting a position or at the latest by their position start date. Additional details regarding how to request an accommodation, required weekly Covid-19 testing, and mask requirements will be provided by Human Resources for newly hired or transferred employees who are unvaccinated.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Quicklink for Posting https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/39086
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * Do you have a Master's degree in Nursing or related field, OR equivalent applicable experience or training?
* * Do you hold a Registered Nurse License in the Commonwealth of Virginia?
* * Do you have previous experience working in a clinical practice/nursing environment?
* * I understand that based on the Governor's Executive Directive #18, newly hired employees, including employees transferring from other state agencies, will be required to provide their vaccination status to Human Resources no later than 5 days after their start date. Additional information for unvaccinated employees will be provided by Human Resources.
* * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application