Unit Clerk, Part Time, Weekends
Saint Joseph, MI
Performs receptionist/secretarial duties and maintains confidential records, supplies and equipment per hospital and unit specific standards.
* Greets and directs guests on the unit in a manner that reflects a welcoming environment.
* Performs computer entry, schedules tests/procedures, processes orders, and performs other related activities per unit/hospital standard within a reasonable time frame.
* Maintains, in a timely manner, patient charts by labeling, assembling, filing/distributing appropriate reports/documents, maintaining chart order and other related duties, and reassembles upon discharge, making completed chart available for removal by Health Information Management (HIM). Records patient charges for services/supplies utilized.
* Collects, monitors, and audits QI data and reports as assigned.
* Maintains inventory of materials/forms and supplies and stocks according to unit standard.
* Maintains a clean unit environment/work area and maintains unit equipment including facilitating the repair of malfunctioning equipment with appropriate department/unit personnel. Prepares patient rooms per unit standard.
* May be required to interface with patients in a clinical setting. Performs assistive patient care activities under supervision and as delegated by a Registered Nurse (RN) including transporting patients, passing waters, etc. per unit standards. Transport equipment to patient care areas as needed.
* Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior. Advocates for privacy, confidentiality and security of patient, staff and organization data.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* 2 years of relevant experience related experience required
* Successful completion of competency based orientation program required
* ARC or AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 90 days of hire
$21k-26k yearly est.