Senior System Engineer- REMOTE
Senior Systems Engineer Job, Remote or Chattahoochee, FL
In our ‘always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
How You'll help us connect the world
• Act as operations subject matter expert on the managed services solution offering including support of advanced troubleshooting exercises as needed.
• Performs a wide range of duties to support of Tier-1, Tier 2 and tier 3 NOC engineers with regards to installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support.
• Develop MOPs and procedures for deploying/upgrading equipment, which can be handed off to NOC staff for processing
• Responsible for recommending upgrades to network elements to address performance, security or functionality concerns, including validating and testing prior to deployment in the field.
• Works with solution architects to operationalize HW and SW solutions that are part of the managed services offering as well as follow-on enhancements.
• Manage and proactively improve network monitoring tool (Zabbix)
• Work on trouble tickets to resolve any issues in a timely manner
• Provide tier2 escalation support and successfully resolving customer issues, escalating to application engineers as necessary
• Responsible for troubleshooting end to end network, platform or customer connectivity issues
• Ability to work independently.
• Must be flexible for 24x7 rotational shifts, dependable and able to multi-task with priority
• Monitoring customer networks and respond to any critical alarms
• Escalate tickets to Telco vendors and following through to resolution
• Setup and provisioning of new remote customer installations. Coordination with onsite local resources to ensure proper connectivity and configuration
• Configuration, shipment and installation of servers or network equipment for new customer installations or RMA replacement
• Remote hands services for datacenter services
• Maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
• Develop playbooks and training processes to be used by NOC staff
Seek opportunities to automate manual processes or increase efficiencies during new customer turn
• up, provisioning, and automation. This includes advanced scripting.
• Actively participate and lead troubleshooting escalations with customers and deployment teams for support issues and activation.
• Responsible for deployment and enhancement of NOC to NOC and B2B flows between CommScope and customer
• Great communicator and customer facing relationship skills.
• Effective communication in English - both spoken and written communication
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of complex LAN experience
• 5+ years of large-scale WAN experience
• One or more relevant certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCSA, CCSE, CCSM,JNCIA,JNCP etc.
• Experience in network security a plus: Device Hardening, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, and IPsec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection
• Knowledge of specific technical products and services in use
Up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies
Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
Experience with incident management (e.g., restore service immediately with workarounds, communicating and acting according to urgency and process)
Familiarity with Process adherence (e.g., access control approvals, inventory replenishment)
Relevant experience in networking technologies to include TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, STP, HSRP, GLBP, NAT, QoS, SNMP, VoIP, ACLs, Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, p2p and pmp VPNs.
Experience in network protocol analyzers/sniffers such as Wireshark.
Working knowledge of circuits - P2P, Dark and Lit Fiber, MPLS, WAN, MAN, SDWAN
Deep Experience in Linux networking and administration.
Systems monitoring software and services, such as syslog, SolarWinds and Zabbix
You'll excite us if you have:
• Wireless 802.11 AP's. Cisco wireless management technologies, including WLC, ISE , NCS, and MSE, and Ruckus wireless management technologies, including vSZ
• Experience with network configuration management software such as SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and developing configuration templates and automation
• Network services and traffic management systems, such as RADIUS, SNMP, SSH, sFlow, and InMon
• Connected infrastructure, including server operating systems, storage, and external clouds
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
Ruckus Networks builds and delivers purpose-driven networks that perform in the demanding environments of the industries we serve. Together with our network of trusted go-to-market partners, we empower our customers to deliver exceptional experiences to the guests, students, residents, citizens and employees who count on them.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at email@example.com. You can also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo
Req ID 73512