Director of Rental Operations
Operations Director Job in Turney, MO
Join, a fast-growing manufacturer of electric vehicles that are better for the earth, people and the bottom line. Make a difference for the world as part of a company leading the electric vehicle revolution.
This position reports to the CFO and is responsible for architecting, building, and overseeing rental fleet operations. This role requires a combination of strategy, operations, and entrepreneurial skills. The Director will design the program, oversee and marshal resources, and build and manage department staff.
- Oversee and help form the strategic vision for the rental fleet division
- Use prior experience and be forward looking to assess rental market industry trends, opportunities, and threats
- Identify, source, manage, and develop all rental fleet staff members
- Coordinate with sales, service, rental staff, and customers to deliver high asset utilization
- Prepare financial and operational forecasts and budgets
- Develop, institute, and track rental fleet KPIs
- Create and maintain scheduling, inventory, and demand reports
- Develop all SOPs and documentation for asset acquisition, renewals, quotes, invoices, rental agreements, inspections, sales and use tax, R&M, audits, driver and customer verification, COIs, and licenses, among others
- Help form and oversee asset disposition and total lifecycle of equipment for the rental program
- Responsible for the accuracy of all invoicing, knowing when to include/exclude transportation, cleaning, R&M, electricity usage, damage waiver, and other charges etc.
- Select the appropriate rental fleet management software
- Work within company ERP system to capture all financial activity and data
- Help guide rental market segment penetration, add new customers, and maintain existing customer base
- Understand the competition and movements in markets and recommend prices, offerings, and promotions
- Advise, recommend, and support correct insurance coverages for corporate rental program and customers
- Meet with rental department employees to prioritize customer service issues
- Proactively involved with credit and collections to prevent past due accounts and resolve any customer conflicts
- Ensure accurate, compliant, and timely responses to all internal and external inspections and audits
- Prohibit the lapse of any registrations or other pertinent filings
- Responsible for the budget and performance of the rental department
- Identify, perform, and direct requisite ad-hoc analysis
- Direct all required sales and use tax filings
- Structure rental program to mitigate and avoid losses on insurance policies
- Engineer risk mitigation across the department both contractually and operationally.
- 5+ years prior experience managing, preferably building, a trucking rental program
- Demonstrated success in a rental program with an equipment intensive business
- Knowledge and expertise with rental fleet management software
- Experience using accounting software and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with external parties: banks, insurance, 3PL, and deployed field personnel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to lead
- Bachelor's degree in a supporting or related field.
Ideal Candidates Will Also Have
- Mechanical savvy and aptitude to quickly troubleshoot, diagnose, and problem solve equipment
- Proficient skills operating heavy equipment especially in a rental fleet along with practical applications
- Managed multi-site operations nationally
- Experience and knowledge of DOT and over the road trucking regulations.
To be considered for this position, please apply today with your resume!