Landscaper Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for landscapers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 381,044 landscapers currently employed in the United States.
- 10.3% of all landscapers are women, while only 85.7% are men.
- The average age of an employed landscaper is 40 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of landscapers is White (69.1%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (16.3%) and Black or African American (10.4%).
- The majority of landscapers are located in MI, Detroit and IL, Chicago.
- Landscapers are most in-demand in Columbus, OH.
- Landscapers are paid an average annual salary of $26,408.
- The hospitality industry is the highest-paying for landscapers.
- Minneapolis, MN pays an annual average wage of $34,514, the highest in the US.
- Landscapers average starting salary is $22,000.
- In 2021, women earned 98% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid landscapers earn as much as $31,000 or more.
- 7% of all landscapers are LGBT.
- Minnesota is the best state for landscapers to live.
- Landscapers are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Landscaper Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Landscaper
Women Earn 98¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Landscaper Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the landscaper position over time.
Landscaper Male to Female Ratio
Landscaper Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among landscapers is White, which makes up 69.1% of all landscapers. Comparatively, there are 16.3% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 10.4% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 69.1%
- Hispanic or Latino, 16.3%
- Black or African American, 10.4%
- Unknown, 1.7%
- Asian, 1.5%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 1.0%
Landscaper Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among landscapers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Landscaper Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Landscaper
We determined the average age of landscapers based on ethnicity and gender.
Landscaper Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of landscaper employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of landscapers is 40+ years old, which represents 51% of the population.
Types of Landscaper Degree Levels
The most common degree for landscapers is high school diploma 49% of landscapers earn that degree. A close second is bachelor's degree with 22% and rounding it off is associate degree with 13%.
- High School Diploma, 49%
- Bachelors, 22%
- Associate, 13%
- Diploma, 11%
- Other Degrees, 5%
Landscaper Jobs You Might Like
Landscaper Wage Gap By Education
Landscaper Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ landscapers. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most landscapers is the construction industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire landscapers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Landscaper Work In
Employees with the landscaper job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most landscapers prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Landscapers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ landscapers. Those industries include construction, manufacturing and hospitality.
Landscaper Turnover And Employment Statistics
Landscaper Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of landscapers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Landscaper Stay in a Job
By looking over 36,586 landscapers resumes, we figured out that the average landscaper enjoys staying at their job for Less than 1 year for a percentage of 37%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Landscapers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to landscapers.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Landscapers
The most common foreign language among landscapers is Spanish at 77.7%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 4.0% and Portuguese is the third-most popular at 3.9%.
- Spanish, 77.7%
- French, 4.0%
- Portuguese, 3.9%
- German, 3.8%
- Italian, 1.9%
- Other, 8.7%