Lead User Experience Designer Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for lead user experience designers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 6,279 lead user experience designers currently employed in the United States.
- 26.9% of all lead user experience designers are women, while only 67.6% are men.
- The average age of an employed lead user experience designer is 37 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of lead user experience designers is White (75.0%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (10.3%) and Asian (8.3%).
- The majority of lead user experience designers are located in NY, New York and CA, San Francisco.
- Lead user experience designers are paid an average annual salary of $111,391.
- Lead user experience designers average starting salary is $80,000.
- In 2021, women earned 95% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid lead user experience designers earn as much as $153,000 or more.
- 26% of all lead user experience designers are LGBT.
- Lead user experience designers are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Lead User Experience Designer Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Lead User Experience Designer
Women Earn 95¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Lead User Experience Designer Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, senior industrial designer and level designer have the biggest difference in gender.
|Lead User Experience Designer||68%||27%|
|Senior Industrial Designer||83%||9%|
Lead User Experience Designer Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among lead user experience designers is White, which makes up 75.0% of all lead user experience designers. Comparatively, there are 10.3% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 8.3% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 75.0%
- Hispanic or Latino, 10.3%
- Asian, 8.3%
- Black or African American, 3.3%
- Unknown, 2.6%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.5%
Average Age of a Lead User Experience Designer
We determined the average age of lead user experience designers based on ethnicity and gender.
Lead User Experience Designer Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of lead user experience designer employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of lead user experience designers is 40+ years old, which represents 40% of the population.
Types of Lead User Experience Designer Degree Levels
- Bachelors, 68%
- Masters, 20%
- Associate, 6%
- Diploma, 2%
- Other Degrees, 4%
Lead User Experience Designer Jobs You Might Like
Lead User Experience Designer Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ lead user experience designers. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most lead user experience designers is the technology industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire lead user experience designers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Lead User Experience Designer Work In
Employees with the lead user experience designer job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most lead user experience designers prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Lead User Experience Designers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ lead user experience designers. Those industries include technology, finance and professional.
Lead User Experience Designer Turnover And Employment Statistics
The Average Number of Years That Lead User Experience Designer Stay in a Job
By looking over 1,129 lead user experience designers resumes, we figured out that the average lead user experience designer enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 34%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Lead User Experience Designers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to lead user experience designers.
|Lead User Experience Designer||25.80%|
|Senior Art Director||28.86%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Lead User Experience Designers
The most common foreign language among lead user experience designers is Spanish at 30.0%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is Chinese at 13.3% and Japanese is the third-most popular at 10.0%.
- Spanish, 30.0%
- Chinese, 13.3%
- Japanese, 10.0%
- Mandarin, 10.0%
- German, 6.7%
- Other, 30.0%