North Star Community Credit Union
Branch Manager Job in Maddock, ND
To direct the operations of a branch, ensuring the branch meets organizational, financial, operational, service, and growth plans. Has limited lending authority. Guide and manage branch office staff in providing quality service to members in the areas of account transactions, loan applications, and new accounts. Solve problems within established policies and guidelines.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
45% Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions on a day to day basis.
Maintains communications with main office; prepares and submits standard reports & budget for branch; attends scheduled management meetings.
Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions and similar groups.
Controls past due, overdrawn and charged off accounts for the branch(es).
Monitors all branch activities to ensure compliance and consistency with established Credit Union policies and procedures
20% Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of branch personnel: conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department recommendations from subordinates.
Monitor office activity, including number of transactions, volume, teller errors, loan volume, teller and loan personal sales and new accounts.
Schedule adequate staff to ensure efficient branch operations.
Monitor branch operations to ensure a consistent, professional approach.
Assist staff or members in solving complex account problems.
10% Underwrites loans up to the amount assigned per Credit Union policy.
Interview loan applicants, resolve member complaints involving loan decision or errors on their accounts and approve or deny loan applications.
10% Assist with the development, application and evaluation of credit union policies and procedures
for the branch.
Manage the security and safety of the branch, with responsibility to analyze security and safety policies and procedures and to alert staff of any changes.
Work with the auditor to ensure compliance with internal controls of the branch assigned to.
10% Monitor key products/sales within branch to ensure profitable and sound business practices for the credit union, a high quality of service for members, and that employees are maximizing opportunities to sell products. Train employees to maximize their opportunity to cross sell products.
5% Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, motivated staff sufficient to meet daily branch demands.
2. Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
3. Maintain or exceed annual budgeted branch operating and growth plan while maintaining or improving the financial stability of the branch.
4. Develop and maintain business partner relationships with the community and area schools by calling on potential SEG's and coordinating branch participation in community activities.
5. Effectively evaluate the efficiency of the branch and develop specific recommendations for improvements to personnel, facilities, products, pricing, policies, and processes.
6. Meet or exceed the established branch goals each month and ensure direct reports achieve 75% of their individual goals.
7. Promote a sales culture within the branch by example. Coach and develop employees to identify cross sales opportunities.
8. Ensure recovery of all critical branch functions for business contingency within recovery times set by business constraints or disaster recovery plan.
9. Note observations of employee performance. Give and receive feedback from employee as soon as appropriate, completing performance reviews within the prescribed timeframe.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience - Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education - (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills - The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.