Diesel Mechanic Job in Tunkhannock, PA
In addition to assigned field service duties, is responsible for training, assigning, monitoring, checking and coordinating work of the team. Assists Service Manager with scheduling and executing maintenance and troubleshooting work of other FST's. Provides input to and fills in for Service Manager as needed. Considered a technical expert who can work independently with limited technical oversight.
- Maintains a safe and well-organized work environment and models all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM) to standard with no help.
- Performs most Call Outs (CO) without assistance from a technical expert. Diagnoses and repairs mechanical problems on multiple types of equipment including compressor packages, gas process and power generation equipment used within the region.
- Leads a team performing Major Maintenance (MM), Overhaul and MOB / DEMOB projects to standard with limited to no assistance.
- Completes and submits required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees shall be in compliance with the Archrock Health Safety and Environmental Policy and local, statutory and/or regulatory requirements at all times.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform all essential duties
- Demonstrate leadership skills, to oversee activities of assigned team and to assist with the assessment of skills and performance, identification, prioritization, and resolution of problems
- Effectively interact with internal and external contacts using strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Fill in for the Service Manager
- Demonstrate advanced diagnostic and repair skills on multiple types of equipment including compressor packages, gas process and power generation equipment used within the region
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) to standard with no help
- Lead a team performing Major Maintenance (MM), Overhaul and MOB / DEMOB projects to standard with limited to no assistance
- Perform compressor calculations
- Read, write and speak English (work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Model all health, safety and environmental procedures
- Use computer skills, including vendor specific programs (Cat, Waukesha, Ariel, Murphy, etc.), Internet Explorer, Outlook, Oracle and Maintenance Scheduler
- Lead by example by completing and submitting company required documentation in an accurate, thorough and timely fashion and following standard protocols
- Respond to afterhours request regularly
- Thorough knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, controls, skid wiring, etc., through advanced training or performance verification.
- Knowledge of new technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of company maintenance scheduler and other company software tools.
- Fully understands customer's production equipment.
- Fully understands all processes and systems how compressor works regardless of types, makes or models used in the region.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical / electro-mechanical failure analysis and investigation.
- Advanced compression and engine performance.
- Understanding of Pulsation and Vibration.
- Ability to read Performance Curves to make adjustments to compressor package.
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training preferred.
- Typically at least 8 years of experience with natural gas engines and compressors.
- Large and small horsepower (HP) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated history of successful and safe service experience.
- Frequently leads, monitors and checks work of at least 3 technicians.
- Trains team members to improve skill, productivity, safety, quality and processes.
- Provide technical mentoring, aligned with company and OEM standards, to upcoming technicians.
- Gives input for hire, fire, and job changes.
- Gives input for performance review, discipline and issues.
- Champions HSE in the team.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed - Refer to WorkSaver Systems for full details.
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role (includes respiratory protection medical requirements as required by role).
- Constantly required to display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms.
- Constantly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit while driving or using a PC.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, and twist with good balance.
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry at least 40 pounds with one hand for at least 10 feet.
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and vertical ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Extensive Travel.
- Drives and works in inclement weather for extended periods.
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Requires no help and covers most difficult situations for Call Outs (CO), Preventative Maintenance (PM), Overhauls, MOB (unit sets)/ DEMOB and can run Major Maintenance (MM) projects with no assistance.
- Provides solutions to a diverse scope and range of technical, operational and people problems.
- Solutions frequently require evaluation of variable factors, new approaches, planning and resourcefulness.
- Expected to regularly identify opportunities and to provide ideas, methods and innovations to enhance teamwork, efficiency and quality within the scope of role.
- Actions and decisions impact operational, and financial, results of Service Area.
- Accountable for team's HSE performance, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
- No budget responsibilities but is expected to be aware of decisions that impact the budget in assigned area and how to impact positively.
- Recommends overtime.
Freedom to Act:
- Expected to work with little instruction and minimal supervision.
- Determines action to be taken within limits of standard practice and authority.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.