Bakery Clerk Job in Winona, MN
Job Title: Bakery Clerk
Responsible for reviewing daily orders, preparing & replenishing products in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
* Growth mindset
* Results oriented
* Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Managers of; Perishables, Store Operations, and Health Wellness Home; Bakery Department Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include)
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
* performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
* Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
* Reviews orders for the day.
* Takes customer orders at the bakery counter.
* Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
* Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
* Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
* Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
* Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
* Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for baking.
* Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
* Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc., where applicable.
* Removes trash in a timely manner.
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
* Washes dishes as necessary.
* Orders product and supplies as necessary.
* Prices products for customers as necessary.
* Delivers orders as needed.
* Assists in other areas of store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
* Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
* Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
* Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Education and Experience
Less than High school or equivalent experience and six months of less of similar or related work experience.
* Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without correction, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to flour dust, noise, cleaning chemicals/solvents, electrical shock and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a bakery environment including mixers, ovens, wrapping, label printer, cash register, telephone, dishwasher, bread slicer, electric knife, microwave, airbrush, and copy cat.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.