Outpatient Counselor (Part Time)
Pyramid Healthcare Inc.
Job Counselor Job in California, MD
Full time: 11am-9pm Monday-Thursday
Part Time: 4pm-9pm Monday-Thursday
Deliverables/Principal Results Expected:
• Assists facilities in the overall function of daily schedule including but not limited to: assessment, utilization review, and clinical services.
• Provides individual and group therapy to individuals served in treatment.
• Assists with completion of client intake assessments.
• Trained in all working processes of utilization reviews and completes insurance reviews as needed.
• Attends shift change and company meetings.
• Maintains caseload as needed.
• Assists the Director in covering needed services for the facility.
• Clerical duties as required for maintenance of client files.
• Listens to clients concerning all areas of treatment.
• Maintains safe, orderly, and therapeutic environment for clients including crisis intervention.
• Complete required trainings and mandatory training hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
Capable of role modeling to the clients. Helps to maintain strong clinical program. Able to work together with staff
to effectively meet the needs of the clients. Maintains positive relationship with referral sources and families.
Charts maintain compliance with licensing regulations. Complete required trainings and mandatory training hours.
Strong clinical skills in D&A and mental health treatment. A working knowledge of HIPAA, DDAP, RTFA and
Must meet one of the following:
1) A Master's Degree from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work,
counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in the human services field) or other related field.
2) A Bachelor's Degree with the same educational requirements and 1 year of clinical experience.
3) An Associate's Degree with the same educational requirements and 2 years of clinical experience.
4) Full certification as an addictions counselor by a statewide certification body, which is a member of a National
certification body or certification by another state government's substance abuse counseling certification board.
5) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a physician.
6) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a registered nurse and a degree from an accredited school of
nursing and 1 year of counseling experience.
*Facilitating process group therapy, individual therapy and family therapy. Drug and Alcohol/Mental Health
experience. Treatment planning experience.
ADT status is not a certificate or a license. ADT status is of limited duration and is meant to serve as an entry-level position for those pursuing careers in alcohol and drug counseling. Applicants must have a Board approved alcohol and drug supervisor before they can begin training. See COMAR 10.58.07.08.
PYRAMID PROVIDES A FREE SUPERVISOR AND SUPERVISION HOURS
Who is eligible for ADT status?
Generally, to be eligible for ADT status, one must have an associate's degree from a Board approved regionally accredited educational institution in a health and human services counseling field or a field deemed substantially equivalent by the Board; including coursework in specific areas/topics. See COMAR 10.58.07.08 for specific requirements.
What is the process to obtain ADT status?
To obtain ADT status, complete and submit the application (with all required documentation) to the Board. Along with the application, include a copy of the receipt from your criminal history background check. After the Board reviews and approves your application and criminal history background check, it will issue a trainee authorization letter to you. If your application is incomplete or you are deemed ineligible, you will be notified by the Board. Incomplete applications take longer to process.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Recognition Programs
Referral Bonus opportunities
Pyramid CORE Values:
We are committed and proud to live our CORE values and use them to inspire those around us. Our employees are expected to align with these values, behaviors and standards. We are held accountable for upholding these CORE Values: INTEGRITY is striving to be honest, transparent and ethical when dealing with clients, staff and the community. DEDICATION is demonstrating an unwavering commitment to always provide exceptional care and support to those we serve is needed daily. COLLABORATION is a steadfast, team-focused approach; working together to achieve excellence. PASSION is genuine, compelling and relentless desire to improve lives and support Pyramid Healthcare's mission.
Want to know more?
To learn more about Pyramid Healthcare, and how you can achieve personal and professional growth, visit us at: https://bit.ly/Pyramid-Careers.
Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. is proud of its diverse workforce, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Masters or better in Human Services or related field
Bachelors or better in Human Services or related field
Associates or better in Human Services or related field
Licenses & Certifications
Alc Drug Trainee