Director of Nursing Services
North Palm Beach, FL
Don't just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents! If you are a compassionate Nurse who has the heart for providing exceptional care and and you have the desire to create memorable experiences for our seniors, we want to talk to you!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Director of Nursing Services, at The Waterford located in Juno Beach, FL.
The Director of Nursing Services provides leadership to the nursing department through planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating activities of the nursing department including implementation of the department's philosophy and goals, standards for nursing practice and the management and development of nursing team members. This role is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to customer service through resident focused initiatives that support the mission of the community and Lifespace Communities.
A few other details about the role:
* Provide leadership and vision to the department by developing and maintaining departmental objectives, standards of nursing practice and nursing policy, and procedure manuals.
* Plan, coordinate and implement new techniques, nursing objectives and standards of nursing care.
* Coordinate nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident's total regime of care and provide direct resident care.
* Oversee and assist in assessment, coordination, planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation in case management.
* Organize resident care programs which include the interdisciplinary team, resident care planning team, the restorative care program and other programs as necessary to provide optimal care.
* Foster an environment which acknowledges and supports each resident and their rights to make choices regarding their surroundings and care.
* Meeting federal and regulatory requirements ensure appropriate staffing levels and forecast team member needs with fluctuation of workload.
* Oversee all employment related activities to include team member safety, hiring, performance management, corrective action, team member engagement and recognition, and team member development and training.
* Develop, implement, monitor, and enforce department policies.
* Generate input into the budget process and maintain monthly expense records.
* Institute cost control activities through an organized system of monitoring the utilization of supplies and equipment, evaluating and setting standards of supplies and equipment usage.
* Participate and facilitate, as needed, resident, quality, regulatory and safety meetings specific to the department and community.
* Guide and enforce proper infection control practices.
* Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
* Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
* Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here's what you need to apply:
* Nursing diploma or associate's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program. Bachelor's or master's degree is preferred
* Eight to ten years of nursing experienced in a long care facility
* Three years supervisory/leadership experience with demonstrated progressive responsibilities preferably in a long term care facility
* Certifications and Registered Nurse license and other licensure required by state regulations
* Certification as a Director of Nursing, Nurse Executive, or Administrator preferred
* Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
* Possess a thorough knowledge of the federal, state and local laws, regulations, and guidelines for independent and skilled nursing community.
* Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
* Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence within the center and influences others to take action.
* Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through empathy and compassion.
* Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
* Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending or implementing process improvements.
* Shows respect and courtesy for fellow teammates by working together to get the job well done.
* Effectively addresses customer concerns and strives to reduce or resolve conflict.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
* Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
* Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
* Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
* Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
* Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
* Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
* Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, Pennsylvania
* Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
* New Castle - Mequon, Wisconsin
* Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
* Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
* The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
* Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
* The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.