Project Director Job in New York, NY
Responsible for day to day operation and overall administration of UMPSI, the DFTA Case Management program for older New Yorkers in Community Districts 9, 10 and 12. Ensures the provision of high quality comprehensive case management services through standardization of best practice procedures, training, monitoring, evaluation and performance improvement.
1. Establishes program policies and procedures in compliance with DFTA standards. This includes developing tools for intake screening process, waiting list procedures, plans for responding to emergencies, identifying clients at risk during emergencies, and maximizing service availability.
2. Responsible for implementation of staffing plan and ensuring adequate staffing at all times. Directly responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and termination process for all managerial, supervisory, and centrally assigned staff. Mutually responsible with Partner organizations for the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and termination process of on-site Senior Service Specialists. Works with Isabella's Human Resources to assure regulatory compliance with hiring standards, inclusive of criminal background checks, verification of credential and references, and inclusive of cultural and linguistic competency.
3. Chairs Quality Assurance Committee that provides oversight to ensure that all service staff meets DFTA requirements for training, initially and on an annual basis, and competency reviews as well as oversight for provision of client services. Develops in conjunction with managerial service team priorities for improvement and monthly in-service calendar for staff training. Incorporates continuous quality improvement processes, outcome based quality improvement standards based on structure, process and outcome model of review, inclusive of record audits, managerial reports, client satisfaction surveys, and tracking for system and/or individual opportunities for improvement.
4. Evaluates assigned personnel performance through observation, record review, managerial reports and home visits as indicated. Follows up on provider specific problems identified via the PI process and provides education as needed. Utilizes software system to assess and monitor care activities. Instructs and assists in promoting more effective assessments, interviewing skills, cultural sensitivity, and utilization of health care resources.
5. Coordinates and ensures that the Steering Committee of the UMPSI Partnership meets regularly for oversight activities in program planning, engagement in community resources, identifying new partners and associated resource needs of this population. Assists in the development of subcommittees as recommended by Steering Committee.
6. Responsible for management oversight of budget, including timely budget modifications and submission of timely vouchers. Establishes and maintain contact with DFTA Program Officer and Budget Analyst as needed for technical support and guidance. Meets regularly with Isabella Accountant to ensure timeliness and accuracy of submission of vouchers. Responsible to report to DFTA all required information including units of information, cost information, and client information within DFTA timeframes.
7. Identifies needs and opportunities for additional funding through grants, foundations, and elected officials. Participates in the application process for additional funding.
8. Engages in community activities to promote service activities, and provide educational outreach to service partners and resource linkages as requested. Develops new partnerships and strengthens existing relationships with organization leaders to reduce fragmentation and promote access to care. Works collaboratively with government and public policy leaders to identify and realize opportunities to improve the lives of older adults.
9. Other duties as required to assure smooth and efficient functioning of service delivery for goals of case management targeted to functionally and/or cognitively impaired individuals 60 years of age or older, particularly low-income minority persons.
· Assists other team members in the performance of their assignments.
o Seeks out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
o Considers the impact of your actions on team members throughout the system.
o Take direction and initiate actions (cross/additional training) that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure seamless patient care.
· Demonstrates sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding suspected violation of corporate compliance regulations.
o Reports all suspected violations to supervisor, Compliance Officer or Compliance Hotline.
o Follows proper reporting procedures for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents so follow-up and or prevention can occur.
o Contributes to the achievement of Performance Improvement and participates in PI activities utilizing the problem solving methodology of PDMAI for performance improvement.
ADHERENCE TO SYSTEM AND DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and the ability to reference them from appropriate books and manuals.
· Compiles with the infection control policies and procedures including universal precautions and the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
Attends mandated programs and additional in-service education programs as dictated
by job needs.
1. Organizational ability to supervise staff in planning work.
2. Ability to teach and instruct staff on procedures and information and prepare educational material.
3. Ability to communicate orally and in writing within the department, with patient and outside agencies.
4. Perform direct patient care, as needed, including lifting, transferring, turning, and positioning.
5. Travel in community by car or public transportation. Work may be indoor or outdoor.
6. Physical agility with repetitive recurrence including walking, running, bending, stooping, climbing stairs.
7. Visually observe staff, environment and patients to determine conditions and compliance.
Supervises full time and contract staff in office and in field; makes home visits, provide direct care to patient in home, if indicated, monitors patient care to be sure it meets quality care standards, orients and teaches new staff in office and in patient's homes, review personnel files and records to be sure documentation is up to date, documents when necessary, makes visits to vendors, contact agencies via telephone, attends community meetings, does outreach to hospitals community, accepts referrals, rotates on-call responsibility.
Must meet case management supervisor requirements which includes the requirements for case managers plus have two additional years of case management experience.
Masters degree in Health or Human Services, two years of supervisory experience, and one year of case management experience with geriatric population, and/or persons with a history of mental illness, homelessness, or chemical dependence.
Bachelor's degree in Health or Human Services, four years of supervisory experience and two years of case management experience with geriatric population, and/or persons with a history of mental illness, homelessness, or chemical dependence. Certification and license from New York State Department of Education. Bilingual Spanish - Preferred