Assistant Service Manager
Auto Plus Pep Boys
Support the service and tire team under the direction of the Manager, Store Service. Assist in driving sales across service labor, parts, tires, and fleet business and you provide essential selling and task support by partnering with management to make certain that the service repair business is organized, store operations are running efficiently, and shop productivity is maintained to company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Under the direction of the Store Manager of Service, assists in various aspects of customer care, work order and register assistance, facility maintenance, and merchandising activities, including tire related stocking. Ensure that service equipment is in proper working order and housekeeping standards are followed according to SSC direction and instruction.
* Follow all policies and procedures related to all point of sale (POS) transactions, inventory integrity, reverse logistics, cash, credit, check, refund and return policies and purchase for re-sale parts (OP) procurement and vendor payment practices.
* Work with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
* Drives sales goals for the service center operation, both through personal engagement with customers and by observing and coaching the advisors on their customer interactions.
* Assist the Store Manager of Service in training and coaching service selling associates on "Pep Boys Customer Care Process," Courtesy Vehicle Inspections (CVIs), and general operation of store systems. Performs CVIs and other service-related tasks as qualified and directed.
* Assist in monitoring the shop productivity, workflow, and procedures with an emphasis on efficiency, thoroughness, and safety. Help with the day-to-day operations of the back shop, such as ensuring that the service staff complete CVIs through associate observations.
* Partner with Management to produce a safe and health work environment that complies with
$33k-62k yearly est.