California Water Service Group
The Utility Worker is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all water and wastewater system mains and equipment, including pumps, meters, meter boxes, valves, and services; collects water samples, flushes mains, and inspects fire services; responds to and resolves customer inquiries regarding service, repairs, or billing issues; performs general maintenance of grounds and facilities. This position is located in Kapalua, HI. Shift work is required.
* Maintains, operates, and repairs all water and wastewater mains and system equipment, including pumps, meters, meter boxes, valves, and services
* Collects routine water samples per established schedule
* Flushes mains, inspects fire services, and maintains hydrants as required
* Responds to customers' inquiries regarding services, repairs, or billing issues
* Performs shut-off or turn-on of customer service
* Performance general maintenance of grounds, facilities, and services
* Participates in the Company on-call rotation and must be available to respond to after-hour call-outs.
* Complies with Company policies and procedures regarding safe working conditions; attends required safety training
* Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement program and projects
* Performs other similar duties as assigned
* High School or possession of a GED
* One year of experience working in a construction, plumbing, or utility environment
* Hawaii State Department of Health Water Distribution, Water Treatment, and/or Wastewater Treatment Grade 1 Certification preferred.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
* Valid Hawaii Driver License and good driving record required
* Must live within 45 minutes of base-yard
* Upon hi