Ensures the continuous operation of the production facility by maintaining, trouble shooting and repairing processing equipment and facilities in a safe, reliable, timely and efficient manner.
* Understand operation of all equipment in facility so quality repairs can be completed safely and with minimal downtime.
* Identify and correct potential problems to prevent breakdowns and eliminate losses.
* Install, troubleshoot and repair production and facility equipment throughout all areas of the plant.
* Observe process equipment to suggest changes or modifications on process machinery to help improve efficiencies.
* Troubleshoot equipment related problems and train/assist production technicians in accomplishing task.
* Troubleshoot electrical systems, control circuits and PLC components.
* Complete all work in a safe and quality manner, ensuring policies, regulations and standards are followed.
* Understand and follow safety procedures, including use of required personal protective equipment, use of lock-out/tag-out, confined space permits, hot work permits.
* Safely operate all shop equipment and power tools.
* Complete all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner including parts inventory, work order logs, etc.
* Maintain a clean work area and utilize Good Manufacturing Practices by following all required processes and performing quality inspections.
* Perform welding repairs on various types of metal parts and fabricated equipment using different welding processes including T.I.G., M.I.G., oxy-acetylene and arc welding in a safe and quality manner.
* Disassemble and repair or rebuild all mechanical machine components such as but not limited to gearboxes, bearings, seals, sprockets, motors, as well as various pumps used in the production processes.
* Perform boiler start up, shutdown, blowdown, troubleshooting general maintenance, and chemical checks.
* Perform start up and shutdown of ammonia refrigeration system, perform general maintenance and trouble shooting in a safe manner.
* Communicate effectively within and between teams and with Leads and Managers.
* Ability to qualify as key element owner of a safety system.
* Participate in SQMS pillar teams and activities.
* Attend all internal or external seminars and training to keep abreast of improvements, modifications and changes to equipment, procedures and tasks. This includes having a current license to operate forklifts and aerial lifts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
High school diploma or GED required
Minimum 3-5 years experience with repair and maintenance of industrial mechanical systems
Previous food processing or manufacturing experience a plus
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Math skills - Fluent in basic and applied math skills such as measuring materials and equipment settings for machine adjustments and set-up
* Mechanical maintenance skills
* Ability to read drawings and diagrams.
* Welding and metal fabrication skills strongly preferred
* Knows safety regulations and procedures as they apply to maintenance
* Understands GMPs as they relate to maintenance
* Must possess basic computer skills (Outlook email, Excel, Word)
* Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to work any shift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
* Climb stairs and ladders, standing on, and moving around on platforms, equipment and concrete floors
* Ability to occasionally squat, twist or bend at the knees and back, and work above shoulders (11-33%)
* Regularly required to use hands and arms for reaching/grasping /handling/ fine finger manipulation (67-100%)
* Maneuver in tight spaces
* Regularly required to stand, walk, and lift up to 25 lbs. (67-100%)
* Frequently lift objects up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques (34 - 66%)
* Occasionally required to move items of 55-80 lbs. from one place to another and up to 100 pounds with assistance (11-33%).
* Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection, and bump caps
* Operate a computer to input data, review data, and communicate via email
Employee is required to have a minimum of 20/40 vision in each eye with or without corrective lenses. The applicant must pass a standard eye exam.
SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job functions identified above consistent with safety standards and practices with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environments characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.