Assistant Director of Engineering
At Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, we push ourselves every day to always be better and leave the world a better place. As Assistant Director of Engineering, you will empower the team to achieve exceptional standards while developing preventative maintenance and resource management programs that ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for all colleagues, guests and visitors.
What is in it for you:
* Generous Health Care Package
* Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
* Learning programs through our Academies
* Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
* Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
* Effectively train, evaluate and promote the growth and development of internal talent. Establish quantative standards of performance and utilize your leadership skills to maximize department's capabilities.
* Ensure all physical operations of the Hotel, including refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems are maintained in a neat, clean and safe fashion
* Plan, implement and monitor the hotel's Preventative Maintenance programs to maintain guest rooms, mechanical equipment, outlets and public areas in appropriate condition
* Coordinate renovations and maintenance related capital projects within the framework, budgets and time limits established.
* Your experience and skills include:
* High School diploma or equivalent or vocational training
* Degree/diploma/certificate in Engineering or trade certification in Building Management is an asset
* General knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, commercial laundry equipment and commercial kitchen equipment
* Four (4) years experience as an Engineering Manager or Assistant Building Manager of
$87k-117k yearly est.