Marketing Analyst Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for marketing analysts in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 134,968 marketing analysts currently employed in the United States.
- 48.8% of all marketing analysts are women, while only 44.2% are men.
- The average age of an employed marketing analyst is 36 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of marketing analysts is White (68.8%), followed by Asian (12.8%) and Hispanic or Latino (10.1%).
- The majority of marketing analysts are located in NY, New York and IL, Chicago.
- Marketing analysts are most in-demand in New York, NY.
- Marketing analysts are paid an average annual salary of $54,064.
- The telecommunication industry is the highest-paying for marketing analysts.
- Wilmington, DE pays an annual average wage of $73,824, the highest in the US.
- Marketing analysts average starting salary is $36,000.
- In 2021, women earned 97% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid marketing analysts earn as much as $79,000 or more.
- 14% of all marketing analysts are LGBT.
- Delaware is the best state for marketing analysts to live.
- Marketing analysts are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Marketing Analyst Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Marketing Analyst
Women Earn 97¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Marketing Analyst Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the marketing analyst position over time.
Marketing Analyst Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, grain elevator worker and chief estimator have the biggest difference in gender.
|Human Resources Administrative Assistant||11%||85%|
|Assistant To Human Resources Director||12%||83%|
|Grain Elevator Worker||91%||8%|
Marketing Analyst Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among marketing analysts is White, which makes up 68.8% of all marketing analysts. Comparatively, there are 12.8% of the Asian ethnicity and 10.1% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity.
- White, 68.8%
- Asian, 12.8%
- Hispanic or Latino, 10.1%
- Black or African American, 5.0%
- Unknown, 3.0%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.3%
Marketing Analyst Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among marketing analysts.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Marketing Analyst Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Marketing Analyst
We determined the average age of marketing analysts based on ethnicity and gender.
Marketing Analyst Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of marketing analyst employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of marketing analysts is 40+ years old, which represents 35% of the population.
Types of Marketing Analyst Degree Levels
The most common degree for marketing analysts is bachelor's degree 78% of marketing analysts earn that degree. A close second is master's degree with 15% and rounding it off is associate degree with 5%.
- Bachelors, 78%
- Masters, 15%
- Associate, 5%
- High School Diploma, 1%
- Other Degrees, 1%
Marketing Analyst Jobs You Might Like
Marketing Analyst Wage Gap By Education
Marketing Analyst Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ marketing analysts. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most marketing analysts is the retail industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire marketing analysts.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Marketing Analyst Work In
Employees with the marketing analyst job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most marketing analysts prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Marketing Analysts
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ marketing analysts. Those industries include retail, technology and manufacturing.
Marketing Analyst Turnover And Employment Statistics
Marketing Analyst Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of marketing analysts changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Marketing Analyst Stay in a Job
By looking over 10,475 marketing analysts resumes, we figured out that the average marketing analyst enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 43%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Marketing Analysts with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to marketing analysts.
|Business Process Analyst||20.62%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Marketing Analysts
The most common foreign language among marketing analysts is Spanish at 34.0%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is Chinese at 10.7% and Mandarin is the third-most popular at 10.7%.
- Spanish, 34.0%
- Chinese, 10.7%
- Mandarin, 10.7%
- French, 10.6%
- Portuguese, 5.8%
- Other, 28.2%