One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be a marketing associate is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since marketing associates benefit from having skills like customer service, powerpoint, and digital marketing, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
Marketing Associate Skills For Your Resume And Career
Research Summary. Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a marketing associate. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of marketing associate resumes they appeared on. For example, 30.9% of marketing associate resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a marketing associate actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
- The most common hard skill for a marketing associate is customer service. 30.9% marketing associates have this skill on their resume.
- The second most common hard skill for a marketing associate is powerpoint appearing on 21.1% of resumes. The third most common is digital marketing on 4.7% of resumes.
- Three common soft skills for a marketing associate are analytical skills, communication skills and detail oriented.
Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a marketing associate. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of marketing associate resumes they appeared on. For example, 30.9% of marketing associate resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a marketing associate actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Marketing Associate Skills For Your Resume And Career
1. Customer Service
- Evaluated client's customer service-related departments and positions and provided feedback reports with recommended changes for improved productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Provided exceptional customer service including: application and contract initiation and follow-up, sales, facilitating client and agent communication.
- Cemented high-caliber customer service through relationship-building and responsiveness to client needs and requests while continually expanding professional business network.
- Provide superior customer service - Operate computerized cash register - Merchandise kiosk and floor salesman - Restock marketing inventory
- Provided second-to-none customer service implementing knowledgeable marketing and sales techniques throughout a large geographic area of Northern Arizona.
- Performed administrative duties as needed including scheduling meetings and keeping minutes, composing internal communications, and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Created survey instrument, conducted interviews, documented responses, prepared summary reports and developed PowerPoint presentations.
- Generated new business presentations, client reviews, and training modules utilizing various software applications using PowerPoint.
- Developed cutting-edge, fully-embellished PowerPoint presentations for the Group President of Personal Care and her deputies.
- Created and delivered well received internal/external customer PowerPoint presentations for the monthly business review meetings.
3. Digital Marketing
- Collaborated with Digital Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer on production and maintenance of division websites, emails and marketing material.
- Utilize digital marketing capabilities to establish brand awareness for UnitedHealthcare in the South Asian community.
- Research and create presentations on digital marketing strategies while identifying new resources and business opportunities.
- Developed digital marketing and publicity campaigns for Electronic Arts/Def Jam video games and American Greetings Mobile
- Collaborated on press releases, digital marketing initiatives, and social media management.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
4. Marketing Campaigns
- Specialized in developing multicultural concepts and strategies for events & promotions, public relations, community outreach and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Consulted with business units and senior management regarding marketing opportunities and targeted marketing strategies, subsequently set up integrated marketing campaigns.
- Conducted numerous client briefing sessions, created and scheduled e-marketing campaigns, online advertising campaigns and mobile marketing applications.
- Coordinated production of online marketing campaigns for lead generation with an emphasis on editing and quality control.
- Initiated outreach marketing campaigns that utilized marketing materials and concepts that generated quality leads for sales department.
5. Email Marketing
- Develop content for automated programs and email marketing initiatives based on direction provided by Email Marketing Manager and Marketing partners.
- Coordinate email marketing efforts through development of editorial calendar to produce consistent and valuable email campaigns.
- Coordinated email marketing that involved list maintenance, segmentation, execution, monitoring, reporting.
- Plan and execute email marketing campaigns, including analysis of results and optimization.
- Provide strategic and technical support for automated programs and email marketing initiatives.
- Monitored in-house performance and provided performance statistical reports in real-time in CRM.
- Restructured company CRM to enhance organization and clarity.
- Used lead generation software and CRM services to generate, nurture, and close sales for a rich media web marketing platform
- Customized the CRM software Landslide according to the needs of sales team and trained the team for the effective use.
- Managed all aspects of CRM; including client and prospective contacts, imports, business development opportunities and marketing lists.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Marketing Associate Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Marketing Associate templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Marketing Associate resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
7. Project Management
- Contributed with inter-departmental project management, budgeting, relationship management, operational & sales support, and non-profit event coordination.
- Provide strategic marketing and project management services for leasing and selling of office space and manufactured housing communities.
- Prepared reporting and documentation as needed for project management, ROI justification, budget management and reporting.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and ownership in all stages of project management and the planning of community marketing events.
- Project management of audiovisual pieces including promotional video with a third party vendor production company.
8. Email Campaigns
- Managed and executed all email campaigns, audience segmentation and database management.
- Implemented general-member email campaigns for 18,000 recipients and coordinating targeted email promotions.
- Provided marketing email campaigns to industry bloggers and other marketing channels.
- Created dynamic marketing materials, such as email campaigns, collateral, web content, blog posts, and sales decks.
- Developed marketing content for the website, social media, email campaigns, press releases, video production and print materials.
- Conducted and managed different telesales campaigns and documented all activity in SalesForce.com.
- Managed sales opportunities and generated revenue reports on SalesForce.com.
- Managed SalesForce System working with account executives and senior management to resolve client issues and close open cases.
- Use SalesForce to track, maintain and monitor high volume account activity and ensure timely follow-up.
- Updated databases by performing research and inputting data into spreadsheets and SalesForce.
Marketing Associate Jobs
- Develop customized and targeted SEO landing page solutions to maximize effectiveness of Search campaigns.
- Helped establish new SEO marketing campaign; implemented customer satisfaction initiative.
- Optimized website integrating organic SEO strategy.
- Coordinated an online marketing campaign that included SEO, website development, social media, an electronic newsletter and database management.
- Implemented, managed, and improved keywords and website SEO to optimize the best search engine results for our websites.
- Marketed to customers by developing Facebook advertisements, publishing online news, and circulating email blasts.
- Coordinated a sharing strategy leveraging relationships with the biggest Facebook fans to continuously share posted events.
- Created and implemented a social media plan including regular postings to Facebook and Twitter
- Monitored Facebook and Twitter accounts to identify business opportunities and product issues.
- Developed social media marketing plan and managed company Facebook page.
12. Google Analytics
- Managed data collection and analysis of campaign results using Google Analytics and created reports for executives.
- Monitor website statistics through Google Analytics recognizing trends and segmenting data to increase KPI effectiveness.
- Examine Google Analytics to evaluate effectiveness of campaigns, advertisements and media partnerships.
- Managed campaign tracking and reporting using marketing automation tools and Google Analytics.
- Assisted in website tracking and functionality assessment using Google Analytics.
13. Market Research
- Collaborated with Product Management team for product development plans including market research, sales forecast, and customer behavior analysis.
- Coordinated, implemented, and tracked results of assigned marketing projects while assisted in market research and competitive analysis projects.
- Analyze data gathered through customer inquiries and market research to recommend marketing strategy and identify new business opportunities.
- Managed consultant relationships for marketing and market research projects that influenced business decisions and provided a customer focus.
- Worked with advertising agencies and medical communication companies for sharing new product information and collecting market research.
- Executed local promotional twitter campaigns.
- Formulate content for Twitter account and LinkedIn page and provide helpful links to drive traffic through social media to company website.
- Served as a project lead from conception to completion and succeeded in several going viral and trend worldwide on Twitter.
- Launched and managed the company s social media presence, including Twitter, LinkedIn and our company blog.
- Assisted with online marketing including email tracking, Twitter content, competitive intelligence, and consumer feedback analysis.
15. Press Releases
- Composed and submitted press releases for weekly concert previews published in Houston-based publications.
- Garner national attention using submitted stories/press releases in national trade and industry publications.
- Created and distributed press releases to regional community papers to augment brand awareness.
- Coordinate mailing of press releases and other marketing collateral to financial consultants.
- Content management of website including updating quarterly investment report, press releases.
- Customer Service, 30.9%
- PowerPoint, 21.1%
- Digital Marketing, 4.7%
- Marketing Campaigns, 3.5%
- Email Marketing, 2.6%
- CRM, 2.5%
- Project Management, 2.3%
- Other Skills, 32.4%
skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Marketing Associate Jobs You Might Like
- High Paying Marketing Associate Jobs - $78K and Up
- Work From Home Marketing Associate Jobs
- Entry Level Marketing Associate Jobs
- Part Time Marketing Associate Jobs
- Actively Hiring
- No Degree Marketing Associate Jobs
List Of Skills To Add To Your Marketing Associate Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant marketing associate Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Email Marketing
- Project Management
- Email Campaigns
- Google Analytics
- Market Research
- Press Releases
- Market Trends
- Trade Shows
- Content Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Business Development
- B Testing
- Blog Posts
- Content Creation
- Event Planning
- Google Adwords
- Channel Marketing
- Brand Marketing
- Product Development
- B2B Marketing
- Promotional Materials
- Adobe Photoshop
- Media Management
- Web Content
- Sprout Social
- Marketing Analytics
- Product Launches
- Search Engine
Real Examples Of Marketing Associate Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional marketing associate resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your marketing associate resume.
Pocomoke City, MD
2020 - Present
SyscoPocomoke City, MD
2018 - 2020
Pizza HutIowa City, IA
Marketing Communications Associate
2016 - 2018
State FarmIowa City, IA
Bachelor's Degree Communication
2013 - 2016
University of IowaIowa City, IA
2011 - Present
Universal Music Group
Public Relations/Marketing Assistant
2008 - 2011
2007 - 2008
School District 54
Bachelor's Degree Marketing
2004 - 2007
Northern Illinois University
Marketing Associate2011 - Present
Social Media Marketing Assistant2009 - 2011
Government Relations Internship2008 - 2009
The Salvation Army•Grand Rapids, MI
Press ReleasesDaily ActivitiesPublic PolicyInstagramPowerpointData AnalysisTwitterWeb ContentPhone CallsCompany Website
Bachelor's Degree Business2005 - 2008
Ashford University•San Diego, CA
Most Important Marketing Associate Skills According To Experts
What Type Of Skills Will Young Marketing Associates Need?
Valerie Renegar Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair, Southwestern University
The number one skill we hear from employers that our graduates need to have in the workforce is strong written and oral communication skills. It doesn't matter what field our graduates enter; every workplace needs employees who can communicate their thoughts. Communication courses that help students develop their public speaking, argumentation, persuasion, and interpersonal communication skills are an invaluable resource. Leadership depends on strong communication skills as well, so the need to communicate does not dissipate after a new employee becomes more established.
What Marketing Associate Skills Would You Recommend For Someone Trying To Advance Their Career?
Andrew Gershoff Ph.D.
Department Chair, The University of Texas at Austin
Many marketing jobs require a blend of customer insights, data analytics, and strategic marketing decision making. So developing these skills may be helpful to be ready when the right job comes around. Skills in sales are often overlooked, but these are valuable too and have three advantages:
-There are many excellent opportunities in careers in sales that some students overlook.
-Even if one does not take a job in sales, the skills of deals involving business development, problem-solving, and communication are valuable in any career.
-Getting a job in the first place often involves selling oneself.
So having sales skills are also worth having.
If you can't find a job right away, volunteering is an excellent way to develop skills, make contacts, and stay optimistic. Look for opportunities at non-profit organizations, for example, where you may help out a cause that may be important to you and give you a chance to learn about skills that you may lack. Often, serious volunteers are given access and opportunities that paid employees may not get. It is also not uncommon for a volunteer position to become a paid position when opportunities in the organization arise.
In marketing and business, there are also many excellent one-year master's programs being offered to help students develop focused skills in marketing management, data analytics, and customer insights. Some are even focused on particular industries like health care or technology. These programs offer students a year of in-depth learning as well as career coaching and access to recruiters. They can be a treasured addition for students who have healthy non-business undergraduate degrees who may now want to focus on marketing career goals. Also, the starting salary and responsibility level tend to be significantly more than that of a recent graduate of an undergraduate program.
What Skills Stand Out On Marketing Associate Resumes?
David T. Z. Mindich Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Temple University
At Temple journalism, we emphasize skills and practices that stand out on resumes. First, we send students out onto the streets of Philadelphia, the nation's fourth-largest media market, to report on a range of important, urban-related issues, from housing to wealth inequality to systemic racism to the pandemic to gentrification to education and beyond. Second, we teach storytelling across media platforms. Even though we are in a pandemic, students can and do continue to report on pressing issues (while practicing safe distancing). When they graduate, they will have an important body of work to present.
What Soft Skills Should All Senior Marketing Specialists Possess?
Kimberly McNeil Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Marketing, North Carolina A&T State University
If asked this question 15 years ago, my response would still have been the same. Good communication and interpersonal skills are imperative. The ability to communicate clearly (verbally or written) with customers, clients, and colleagues is required for success. Knowing how to adapt and adjust communication tactics and styles appropriately to address different audiences is extremely helpful as well.
What Hard/technical Skills Are Most Important For Senior Marketing Specialists?
Kimberly McNeil Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Marketing, North Carolina A&T State University
Understanding data analytics is paramount. Many companies will have departments that will provide the numbers, but marketers must have the ability to process the data and communicate it in plain terms to their internal and external clients. Essentially, they have to interpret the data and make recommendations using verbiage that their team and clients understand.
Ready To Start Your Marketing Associate Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Marketing Associates
1. Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube Marketing
Digital Marketing Institute is the global standard in Digital Marketing Certification. Our mission is to give our students the confidence and knowledge they need to advance in their careers through this specialization. YouTube is second only to Facebook in popularity as a social network in 2021, with almost 2.3 billion active users. Twitter has introduced new fact-checking tools in response to recent controversies and remains a key platform for businesses striving to serve and engage audiences...See More on Coursera
2. Twitter Marketing: 1000% Engagement & More Twitter Followers
2022 Twitter marketing for business, get more customers, retweets & how to get more Twitter followers & Twitter ads...See More on Udemy
3. Email Marketing 2023. Increase sales with Email Marketing!
A hands-on guide to Email Marketing for beginners. Learn how to boost your sales with effective Email Marketing Strategy...See More on Udemy
4. LinkedIn Ads: LinkedIn Lead Generation LinkedIn Marketing
LinkedIn Advertising Course, LinkedIn Ads Course, LinkedIn Lead Generation, LinkedIn Marketing, Social Media Marketing...See More on Udemy
5. Online Marketing: SEO & Social Media Marketing Strategy
2022 growth hacking with top web marketing and Internet marketing strategies: Social media marketing strategies + SEO...See More on Udemy
6. Digital Marketing Agency Start a Social Media Business
Build a Digital Marketing Agency Business with Social Media (SMMA), Facebook Ads, Instagram Marketing, WordPress, SEO...See More on Udemy
7. Account Based Marketing (ABM) 2022 - B2B Marketing Strategy
ABM is upcoming new Marketing Strategy instead of lead generation used by both B2B Sales & Marketing teams...See More on Udemy
8. Facebook Marketing 2023. Promote Your Business on Facebook!
Learn how to promote your brand on Facebook, create engaging content, launch ads and increase the number of followers!...See More on Udemy
9. Facebook Ads & Facebook Marketing MASTERY 2022 Coursenvy
Facebook Marketing from beginner to advanced! Join 200,000+ students who MASTERED Facebook and are Facebook Ads experts!...See More on Udemy
10. Certified Facebook Marketing Professional CPD Accredited
Skyrocket your Facebook Business, Convert Followers to Paying Customers and Grow Your Brand with Facebook Marketing...See More on Udemy
11. Facebook Marketing: Advanced Targeting Strategies
Harness the power of our proven Facebook targeting strategies to build your fan base, generate leads and make more sales...See More on Udemy
12. Customer Service, Customer Support, And Customer Experience
Customer service, customer support, and customer experience training. Loyal clients through world-class customer service...See More on Udemy
13. Certified Facebook Marketing (Complete Masterclass)
Proven Facebook Marketing Growth Funnels, ChatBot Strategies, Facebook Ads and Facebook Business Sales Mastery...See More on Udemy
14. Learn Digital Marketing (12 Courses in 1)
Master Digital Marketing Strategy, SEO, Advertising, Social Media Marketing, Email, Analytics, Content Marketing & More...See More on Udemy
15. The Ultimate Digital Marketing Course 2022: 11 Courses in 1
Learn market research, website creation, copywriting, SEO, Google ads, Facebook ads, email marketing, Twitter ads + more...See More on Udemy
16. Customer Service
How to Approach New Customers and Maintain Existing Ones...See More on Udemy
17. Digital Marketing Masterclass: Get Your First 1,000 Customers
How to acquire your first 1,000 customers using Social media, Content & Video Marketing, PR, SEO, SEM, FB, InstaG & more...See More on Udemy
18. Email Marketing Mastery
Learn how to create your email list and send email campaigns on autopilot...See More on Udemy
19. Ultimate SEO, Social Media, & Digital Marketing Course 2023
SEO, Copywriting, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, Bing Ads, Retargeting, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Website & Video Creation...See More on Udemy
20. Digital Marketing Masterclass - 23 Marketing Courses in 1
Learn Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Content Marketing, YouTube Marketing, Email Marketing, SEO, Branding+...See More on Udemy
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Marketing Associate Skills FAQs
What Is An Impression In Marketing?
An impression in marketing refers to the number of times an individual views a certain advertisement, content, or information. Impressions can apply to several online formats, such as website ads and promotional emails sent to potential customers.