Director, Client Leadership
The Mars Agency
The Mars Agency is a global marketing practice, specializing in marketing to shoppers, consumers and retailers across the ever-expanding omni-commerce environment. Mars uniquely refers to this environment as the A-to-V Commerce SM space, which incorporates everything from Autonomous to Voice commerce. Mars, proud of its independence and growth-for-clients focus, operates internationally across the Americas, Europe and Asia through its network of 15 offices.
The Mars Agency is currently seeking a Director, Client Leadership. This position is responsible for developing Shopper Marketing strategies for assigned brands/retailers and leading growth of assigned businesses.
What You'll Do:
* Provide thought leadership, impacting/contributing to client's way of doing business on an ongoing basis
* Act as a change agent/impact player from both an internal and external perspective - contributing to both client and The Mars Agency's performance
* Expand assigned business through identification of emerging opportunities and securing of incremental revenue and/or acquisition of new business
* Manage client budgets, ensuring profitability for The Mars Agency and contributing to overall department bonus attainment
* Demonstrate financial acumen across standard business accounting/finance documents such as income statements, balance sheets, and sales reports
* Develop annual business plan, setting short- and long-term strategic course for growth of assigned business
* Build strong relationships with the client while working closely with cross-functional teams including consumer marketing, trade development, operations, merchandising, and category managers, directors and buyers
What You Bring to Us:
* Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business, or related field
* Minimum of 8 years of marketing or advertising experience, preferably agency experience in traditional consumer activities
* Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences
* A wealth of industry knowledge including current trends, consumer packaged goods, and business philosophies
* Motivational leadership, inspiring team to deliver top performance every day against assigned business
* Strategic thinking in the development of Shopper Marketing programs and management of day to day business
* Sound decision making skills based in agency, client, and industry knowledge
* Passion about business and dissatisfaction with status quo - always thinking of ways to improve/grow assigned client/business
* Strong listening skills and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
* Some travel is required
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.
The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.