What Does A Materials Supervisor Do At Masco Corporation
* Supervise, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to effectively accomplish Management Operating System (MOS) business objectives.* Monitor material quantities and issue purchase orders to suppliers as required to maintain target inventory levels and support plant production.* Analyze critical threshold purchase levels and approve exceptions.* Compile, analyze and provide material reports to management as requested.* Assist Corporate with vendor selection process.* Develop and implement incoming material standards to support safe work practices.* Recommend, lead and participate in continuous improvement activities to reduce material and labor costs.* Liaise with manager and/or Corporate to resolve vendor issues as necessary.* Teaches and audits SOX compliance requirements.* Manages daily plant wide Cycle Counting and score sheets for two plants: Plant 09 Assembly and Plant 10 Mill.* Audits continuously for compliance.* Supervises Cycle Count Team.* Manage inventory accuracy feedback to Staff and Supervisors.* Performs Analytical projects in Materials and Costs as needed
What Does A Materials Supervisor Do At Brunswick
* Develop, maintain and enforce all Company policies governing operation of the Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse, Conveyance and Inventory Control in accordance with contractual and company guidelines.* Exhibit dynamic leadership skills to develop and motivate employees through effective and consistent communication.* Maintain workforce scheduling , including management of vacation liability and timecard management and overtime planning, to hit daily demand requirements while minimizing operational costs* Develop and maintain a safe and efficient work environment for the Material Handling and Control functions.* Maintain order processing performance consistent with the Company's business objectives.* Strong knowledge of KanBan systems preferred.* Manage all activities within budgetary guidelines.* Support the inventory control functions as it relates to ongoing cycle counting and physical inventory processes ensuring high unit integrity and timely adjustments.* Develop processes to ensure the accuracy of documents entering or leaving the Company's facility and other related functions within a free trade zone environment.* Manage material handling equipment maintenance, ensuring optimal performance and safety.* Work with department heads to develop/alter policies and procedures to high work standards.* Utilize Lean Six Sigma applications to drive continuous improvement.* Develop reports and performance measures to assist in the management of material flow to support production.* Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions
What Does A Materials Supervisor Do At PDS Tech Inc.
* Manages all materials functions related to production planning and master scheduling.* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and material control systems.* Ensures materials are ordered and in stock to meet build requirements, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.* Develop material schedules and plan requirements for purchasing materials, using MRP and other planning systems.* Work closely with customers and other sites to transition materials for new products.* Work closely with internal groups, including engineering quality, and sales to ensure functional specifications are met, parts are available as needed, and product quality is maintained.* Selects, develops and evaluate staff members to ensure the efficient operation of materials-related functions
What Does A Materials Supervisor Do At Kelly Services
* In the event there are two or more Operations Supervisors in a facility, the Demand Flow Manager will define the duties and reasonability’s from this document to which each Operations Supervisor will be accountable.* Enforce all company policies and procedures to create a safe, secure, clean, and productive work environment* Ensures all daily shipping, inventory and receiving goals are achieved by planning and establishing work schedules and assignments to meet production and quality goals* Responsible to address all infrastructure/equipment issues which include but is not limited to; facility maintenance, racking, powered conveyor, fork trucks/material handling equipment, computer systems, WMS and RF devices and network* Ensures all new associates receive the necessary safety and procedural training before being assigned to warehouse activities.* Responsible to insure that training to new or revised procedures is done in a timely manner and is documented correctly* Read and analyze KPI and production tools to monitor the facility performance and make adjustment as necessary to achieve set goals* Designated backup for the Demand Flow Manager.* Primary resource to address employee related tasks/issues.* Responsible to administer the annual performance review process.* Maintain employee moral through active listening, conflict resolution using effective leadership skills* Keeps current on all Company procedures, policies and objectives* Other duties as assigned by the Demand Flow Manager.* Develop departmental / cross-functional team and provide direction for most efficient flow of work.* Drive and implement lean principles into the demand flow process on a continuous basis.* Maintain compliance with all Company policies in ISO manuals* Monitors and evaluates associates performance to ensure goals are being meet* Collaborate with Team lead, leads and/or associates to solve work-related problems.* Manage expenses to result in compliance with fiscal period budget* Ensure associates annual performance appraisals are prepared and conducted* Keeps current on all daily processes and activities* Monitor all facility supplies and order as necessary* Manage all carrier related issues* Responsible for all housekeeping related activities* Maintain inventory accuracy and shipping quality goals* Manage the process to dispose of expired or damaged products* Ensure cross training of warehouse associates* Active participant in all internal/corporate audits* Develops and implements plans to address issues within the warehouse using root cause analysis* Mentors Team Leads and Leads
What Does A Materials Supervisor Do At BRP Us Inc.
* Develop, implement, and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material, and associated cost elements* Perform analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts, and historical material usage to develop and execute build-to-order and build-to-forecast plans* Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control* Prepare customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends as well as use information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries* Establish and supervise production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production, and reviewing factors which affect schedules* Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies* Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, and operations teams to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues* Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing an inventory control system capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future* Participate in MRB and CAR meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources* Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to achieve cost reduction targets* Oversee team of Material Handlers and Cycle Counters