Mechanic - New Amsterdam, IN
Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc., a CRH Company, is the foremost supplier of crushed stone, sand, gravel, scrubber stone, rip-rap and ag-lime in Southern Indiana. Complete with six quarries, fifteen retail locations and two sand and gravel plants, Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc. has supplied aggregate to area construction projects, large and small, since 1935. Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc. is the Tri-State's established leader in delivering superior quality products that provide exceptional value to those we serve. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
The Mechanic is responsible for making repairs and maintaining machinery & mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines & equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Identify tools needed for each repair.
* Diagnose problems and causes.
* Communicate with others (on-site and off-site) regarding status of equipment, parts availability and schedule of future repairs.
* Possess a willingness to continuously learn about new & old equipment.
* Clean up after every job is complete.
* Work in a safe and environmentally aware manner.
* Be self-motivated, flexible and eager to learn.
* Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
* Dismantle devices to gain access and remove defective parts.