Case Manager Job in Salida, CO
We are seeking a motivated individual to join a team of compassionate professionals. This position will offer the opportunity to support adults with a primary diagnosis of developmental disability and/or intellectual disability. Our goal is to foster independence with each individual we serve. The incumbent provides service coordination and works collaboratively with individuals, families, provider agencies, and community partners to ensure each individual has the supports and services needed for a healthy, safe, and fulfilling life in the community.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Ability to work independently
· Must demonstrate organizational and time management skills
· Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work with clients, staff, parents, providers, and community representatives in a team approach
· Must be able to work under stress and meet deadlines
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision
· Must be able to coordinate with families, supervisors, the general public, and clients pleasantly and effectively.
· Must exhibit mature judgment.
· Must be able to work with individuals with limited communication skills.
· Must be familiar and proficient in the use of computers (both desktop and laptop)
· Must have the ability to use Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and other Microsoft Software
· Must have the ability to understand and use the internet for purposes of searching for resources, researching providers, and more
· Must be able to independently problem-solve issues that may arise or identify when the IT department is necessary.
· Must be able to learn to utilize state-specific websites
· Must be able to use an agency phone, set up an office voicemail, and listen to and respond to messages promptly.
· Must be able to set up and participate in telework platforms (Zoom, GoTo Meeting, Google Hangouts, etc.).
A Bachelor's Degree;
Five (5) years of experience in the field of Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS), which includes Developmental Disabilities;
Some combination of education and relevant experience appropriate to the requirements of the position. Relevant experience is defined as: a. Experience in one of the following areas: long-term care services and supports, gerontology, physical rehabilitation, disability services, children with special health care needs, behavioral science, special education, public health or non-profit administration, or health/medical services, including working directly with persons with physical, intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental illness, or other vulnerable populations as appropriate to the pos and on being filled; and b. Completed coursework and experience related to the type of administrative duties performed by case managers may qualify for up to two (2) years of relevant experience.