Grain Elevator Worker Job in Northwood, ND
**Elevator Worker-Northwood, ND**
This is a full-time, hourly position.
Hourly employee assists with the receiving, processing and shipping of dry edible beans. During harvest employee is responsible for dumping trucks and taking appropriate samples. When processing product employee will assist with the loading of finish product into rail cars, bulk trucks, 2000# totes, or bags (50 - 110#), along with taking appropriate samples. Will also inspect samples and fill out proper documentation. There is also housekeeping duties that need to be performed on a daily basis.
**Essential Job Functions:**
1. Assists with keeping process running by ensuring dirty product is feeding the process along with handling the finish product by filling bulk truck/rail cars or packaging it.
2. Analyzes sample results, verifying product quality and adherence to specifications and determines the adjustments needed to correct deviations.
3. Observes and acknowledges all alarm warnings.
4. Collect incoming and 100# samples and processes the 100# finish product sample, recording the data per plant requirements.
5. Troubleshoots problems by investigating and inspecting all process and machine malfunctions and utilizes mechanical, to solve and eliminate process related problems. Report problems to plant manager.
6. Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by complying with all plant safety policies regarding the use of hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment.
7. Communicates with personnel to ensure efficient coordination of the production process.
8. Works as a member of the team, operating the process and loading finish product.
9. Performs Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures on various equipment such as motors, conveyors and processing equipment. Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
10. Records data and results on log sheets and other related documentation, taking accurate notes on all production figures, times, calculations and other system or operational information.
11. Manually adjusts gates in order to maintain process efficiency and quality production standards.
12. Locates sources of trouble through multiple observation techniques such as sound, sight, touch and smell.
13. Controls flow of product to final destination (rail cars or bagging).
14. Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines
15. Suggests improvements in work methods and procedures by communicating with area leaders, other operators or engineers and discussing recommendations of existing production practices.
16. Attends respective departmental meetings in order to review and discuss production or other department and plant issues.
17. Performs light maintenance on various department machines (bucket elevators, conveyors, drags, process equipment.)
18. Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipmen and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
19. Recommends solutions to correct deficiencies or improve work and operational practices.
20. Participates actively in training.
21. Reports to work in a condition to be able to perform all duties.
22. Practices proper personal hygiene.
23. Familiarizes themselves with the hazards in their work area and how to protect themselves.
24. Understands that accidents are preventable, and that safety is everyone's responsibility.
25. May perform reasonably similar or related duties.
+ Powered Industrial Truck driving abilities
+ Operation of skid steer and pay loaders
+ Ability to work overtime/weekends
+ Working from multiple height platforms.
+ High or low temperature extremes
+ Work in cramped positions on a frequent basis (boot pits, tunnels)
+ Personal Protective Equipment required
+ Potentially slippery/wet conditions.
+ Frequently move up to 10lbs overhead (quality inspecting empty totes for finish product), occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
+ Stand 3-4 hours per 8 hour shift, up to 8-10hrs during a 13hr shift
+ Move from area to area per process requirements during shift
+ Sit 45 minutes at a time doing various forklift tasks.
+ Position self to conduct work at various heights on frequent basis
+ Ascend/descend from various levels (stairs, ladders and ramps)
+ Position self around equipment on a frequent basis
+ Repetitive use of hands
+ Work with vibrating equipment on a frequent basis
+ Rotate body 45 degrees numerous times per day, for forklift activity.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ND - North Dakota
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.