SR. Manager OF Process Engineering
Senior Process Manager Job in Milledgeville, GA
The Senior Manager of Process Engineering position is the leader for technical support to production operations and is responsible for the manufacturing definition and production engineering related activities at the site level. Senior Manager of Process Engineering is considered a subject matter expert and leads a deployed multi-functional team and acts as the primary representative for Process Engineering. Will ensure the manufacturing system meets stakeholder requirements including technical compliance, adherence to production processes and standards, and business case (including quality, delivery, and cost). Leads support of the production process with technical responsibility for tooling, part fabrication, assembly, and delivery. Provide "state of the art" processing technology as it applies to both materials and techniques for tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
* Working under moderate direction from the Head of Process Engineering and Site General Manager in a team environment, support manufacturing production of composite components and large aerospace composite and metallic assemblies ensuring parts, assemblies, and tools meet industry standards and customer requirements.
* Introduction of new technology in line with site requirements.
* Supporting the Make vs. Buy & subsequent supplier selection process.
* Supports standard deployment of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools to evaluate customer designs and process concepts and assist in manufacturing process down select.
* Leads standard use of Practical Problem-Solving techniques such as A3, 8D, Root Cause Corrective Action, 5 Why, Fishbone Diagrams, and Pareto Analysis.
* Accountable for Process Engineering metrics such as Product Safety, Quality (including First Pass Yield and Cost of Poor Quality), Delivery (completion of Process Engineering related activities in line with the agreed schedule), Recurring and Non-Recurring Costs.
* Support customer and supplier technical reviews as required.
* Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as peers.
* Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration changes that involve cost estimation, schedule coordination, build process definition, and implementation.
* Bachelor's degree (mechanical, manufacturing or aerospace engineering)
* 15 years of experience with at least 10 years of manufacturing support
* Leadership experience of technical staff in aerospace manufacturing
* Proficient within Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Expert in Aerospace related processes such as tool design and qualification, capital equipment specification, process control, and production sequencing
* Strong knowledge of aerospace composites manufacturing including Epoxy, Bismaleimide (BMI), and phenolic
* Knowledge of process/product configuration control and change management and basic enterprise resource planning processes
* Thorough knowledge of multiple production methodologies such as composite layup and cure, machining, tool selection and maintenance, autoclaves, etc.