What Does A Mechanic Helper Do At Komatsu Forklift USA, Inc.
* 1. Recondition and repair equipment and componentsa) Follows instruction by the service manager and Working Forman in performing repairs and other work assignedb) Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairsc) Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective mannerd) Ensure that all repairs are completed on time & in an efficient manner as assignede) Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as requiredf) Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per guidelinesg) Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition2.* Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies and outside purchases in repairsa) All record-keeping methods are followed as per instructionsb) All cost related items are included in the work order filec) Ensure all records kept are legible and in compliance with established methods3.* Maintain and care for Company shop tools, equipment and vehiclesa) All specialty tools used on the job are obtained using established methodsb) All tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean before returning to the tool roomc) All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original location in working conditiond) Maintains and provides all basic hand and diagnostic tools to perform the work assigned as set by the service manager4.* Communicates with others professionallya) All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect, honesty and promoting a positive company imageb) All communications with co-workers is conducted following the "golden rule"5.* Perform diagnostic inspections as directeda) All inspections required to determine cause of failure is done following established guidelinesb) All inspections are completed with cause of failure identifiedc) All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
What Does A Mechanic Helper Do At Touchstone Energy
* Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe systems following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoist crane, and measuring and testing instruments* Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment* Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machines* Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts* Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery* Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment* Install machinery and equipment* Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools* Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts* Assemble, analyze defects in, and repair boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats in field* Attach rigging or signal crane operator to lift parts to specified position* Align structures or plate sections to assemble boiler frame, tanks, or vats, using plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs, or turnbuckles* Hammer, flame-cut, file, or grind irregular edges of sections or structural parts to facilitate fitting edges together* Bolt or arc-weld structures and sections together* Repair fabricated parts such as chutes, air heaters, fan stands, catwalks, ladders, coal hoppers, conveyors, and pulverizers* Install manholes, handholes, valves, gauges, and feedwater connection in drums to complete assembly of water tube boilers* Repair boilers or tanks in field by unbolting or flame-cutting defective sections or tubes, straightening plates, using torch or jacks, installing new tubes, and fitting and welding new sections* May perform on-call duties
What Does A Mechanic Helper Do At Cash Construction Company Inc.
* Parts delivery, Maintenance Dept. assistance and vehicle Inspection / housekeeping.* Parts Runner: A parts runner is responsible for issued company vehicles.* Daily inspections of vehicle s tires, lights, fluids and onboard company equipment and tooling.* The vehicle is to be kept in a clean and safe operating condition.* A parts runner is responsible for keeping a log of all the locations visited.* All DOT driver s logs are to be maintained and turned in if the driver operates a commercial rated vehicle.* A Parts Runner is responsible for keeping track of all POs and Invoices, for his/her deliveries; to be turned in daily.* Mechanic s Helper: Maintaining equipment yard and shop areas.* Wash equipment and assist technicians with repairs to various types of heavy construction equipment and trucks
What Does A Mechanic Helper Do At Entergy
* Installation, removal and maintenance of OH/UG primary line facilities and secondary services.* Installation of OH/UG transformers and the wiring of all types of transformer banks.* Installation, including the wiring of regulators, capacitors, and reclosers.* Driving of different sizes and types of trucks.* Operation of various pieces of equipment, including Aerial Bucket and Digger Derrick Trucks.* Read and understand job prints and sketches.* Recognize material(s) and their function.* Setting and climbing of all sizes of poles in open areas, rear alleys and in energized lines
What Does A Mechanic Helper Do At The Industrial Company
* Use appropriate hand (i.e. hammer, screwdriver, broom, sledge hammer) and power tools* i.e. sand blasting equipment, hand compactors) to perform a variety of functions including, but not limited to, digging, spreading and leveling dirt and gravel, using pick, shovel and wheelbarrow; lift, carry and hold building materials, tools, and supplies; clean tools, equipment, material, and work areas; mix, pour and spread concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other materials; join wrap and seal sections of pipe; perform a variety of routine, non-machine tasks, such as removing forms from set concrete, filling expansion joints, with asphalt, placing culvert sections in trench, assembling sections of dredge pipeline; driving stakes; perform cleaning, compacting, grading, painting, sanding or stripping operations; worker may spend time on one job or may be transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion