Full Job Description
Work with an experienced Mechanic to provide physical assistance for our Field Service Mechanics when required. The candidate must possess appropriate training and relevant work experience on engines and related systems to successfully assist Shop/Field Mechanics with a variety of jobs including large PM services, heavy repairs like top ends, parts prep and cleaning, job set up, core management, parts delivery, parts returns, etc. Provide the physical labor necessary on all types of jobs to assist Mechanics. This position may require working/training in different aspects of this branch in order to acquire training and experience needed to progress through an established career path. Provide assistance as required. Participate in "on the job" training. This position may work alone and operate a vehicle to complete tasks such as cleaning parts or parts staging in preparation for a job, etc. May work under the guidance of an experienced mechanic on higher level tasks.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Work with Shop/Field Mechanics to support, diagnose, service and repair products in the Gas Compression, Drilling & Fracking, Rental and/or EPG markets.
- Provide proper job set up including pre-delivery of parts, staging parts, returning parts, cleaning parts, etc
- Perform work on component parts in a shop/field environment according to the manufacturer's specifications
- Accurately complete service reports and provide the details to complete work orders
- Work overtime as required
- Maintain tool requirements
-Overnight travel as required
As a Mechanic Helper, you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions. Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, listening, and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence, and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold
- Injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or relevant working experience acceptable to the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.