Health Planning Coordinator
State of Oklahoma
Planning Coordinator Job in Jefferson, OK
Job Posting Title
Health Planning Coordinator
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 8
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $72,000.00 based on education and experience.
* Responsible for strategic performance initiatives related to local and statewide priorities.Assigned responsibilities involve planning of complex initiatives, developing and coordinating community health improvement plans, systems and policy actions for the local health district.This position will interact with local health department leadership as well as community and county key stakeholders, from both the public and private sectors in Oklahoma.
* This position ensures the development of local strategic plans and goals that align with agency strategic plans and statewide goals. The overall mission of such plans, goals, and projects/programs is to improve population at the local level.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
* Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the strategic plan for the local health district.
* Develops goals, objectives, and outcomes for performance management policies, practices, and systems.
* Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of district wide health improvement plans, systems, and initiatives. Participates in efforts to identify tools and strategies aimed at improving health outcomes.
* Identifies and communicates needed areas of change and alternative solutions as necessary to advance the strategic performance initiatives related to health district priorities. Leads and develops teams as needed.
* Advises and assists leadership in identifying priorities, establishing goals, objectives, and outcomes, and providing feedback to guide decision-making and resource allocation.
* Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert concerning the strategic planning and performance management.
* Coordinates and participates in data gathering and analysis for the purposes of health improvement.
* Ensures alignment of initiatives with state and federal entities as necessary.
* Interacts with and provides technical assistance to internal customers (such as state and county health department leadership and staff) as well as external stakeholders from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors in Oklahoma.
* Facilitates meeting and reporting schedules for the development, implementation, and evaluation of health improvement plans, systems, and initiatives.
* Develops and sustains strategic partnerships to leverage resources.
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior. Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Master's degree in any of the following fields: public administration, public health, business, social work, finance, or a closely related field and at least three years of professional experience in strategic planning, performance management, public policy, management of complex projects for public, private, or nonprofit organizations, and state and federal policies and regulations.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and experience in strategic planning, performance management, policy development, stakeholder engagement, and public health. Ability to think critically is required. Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to define planning-related needs and problems and to formulate appropriate recommendations; to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to prepare and review complex planning reports; to interpret laws, rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others is required. Must have experience preparing, submitting and managing grant proposals to foundation or government sources. Knowledge of cultural competency skills to incorporate strategies for interacting with people from diverse backgrounds.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.