Software Engineering Intern
Tysons Corner, VA
Company DescriptionMicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.Job Description
As a Software Engineer Intern at MicroStrategy, you'll be part of an agile software development team, providing our customers with the most powerful, scalable, and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobility, and security. You'll play a key role in enabling MicroStrategy products to be best-in-breed and optimized for leading organizations to analyze Big Data and distribute actionable business insight across their enterprise.
Our 12-week paid summer internship offers mentorship, networking events, and professional development within our Technology team.
You'll have the opportunity to join one of the exciting teams from these departmental divisions:
* Clients - The Clients team is delivering rich, modern, intuitive interfaces that serve content sub second and enable instant insight and actions for business users through the tools they use every day.
* Tools - The Tools team is building the next generation of analytics authoring, environment management, and system monitoring tools to empower all MicroStrategy users. Users will leverage best-in-class tools to configure, monitor, and automate enterprise BI and Security applications.
* Platforms - The Platforms team enables customers to quickly realize value from their MicroStrategy investment by providing a comprehensive Platform of Analytics, Mobility, and Security services that rapidly deploy on Windows, Red Hat Linux, and Amazon Linux in the Cloud and On-Premise.
* Server - The Server team is the heart and brain of the MicroStrategy Platform by enabling the next generation of Analytic and Mobile applications leveraging every available Enterprise Asset, by providing a rich set of powerful, easy to use, metadata-driven Services, which can be deployed On-Premise or in the Cloud.
Technologies you could use
Required Experience and Skills
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus
You should also bring the following:
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related field (targeting December 2022 or May 2023 graduates)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Creative analytical and problem-solving skills
* Process oriented and ability to pay close attention to detail
* Team oriented individual
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex age, genetic information, or any other legally-protected basis.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.