Lead Maintenance Electrician Job in Bourbon, IN
The purpose of this position is to improve fixed and rotating asset
reliability and/or capacity by the implementation of sound engineering,
technical solutions and maintenance practices. The Maintenance Engineer
shall develop, implement, and maintain preventive and predictive
programs. Through analysis of Equipment History and application of
technical skills and ingenuity, this position is responsible for
correcting equipment problems causing repetitive downtime, failure, or a
decrease in performance.
**The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not
Works with Factory and Corporate Engineering to ensure the
maintainability of new capital projects and modified installations.
Ensures that spare parts list, equipment manuals and prints are provided
for all new installations and that they are consistent with established
Incorporates safety into all daily tasks, solutions, designs, and
Develop bid packages for Replacement in Kind projects. Project manage
these projects from concept, through engineering, planning and execution
up to completion.
Assists Maintenance Superintendent with project budgets and maintenance
Participates in the final check out of such capital and project
Establishes and documents maintenance procedures for all new
Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment,
processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors
and refines the preventive (PM)/predictive (PdM) maintenance process in
pursuit of optimization.
Coordinates with maintenance team to ensure that PM/PdM services and
inspections are scheduled and performed when due, and that resultant
corrective action work is promptly performed.
Coordinates with maintenance, production, and plant management teams
during planned maintenance shutdowns to maximize required maintenance
work while minimizing process downtime
Coordinates these efforts with maintenance management and factory staff
to ensure thorough understanding, approval and endorsement by all
Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring
efficient and reliable operation of factory, process and equipment while
protecting the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
Supports Planner/Scheduler in development of technical, environmental
and safety work procedures.
Routinely contributes to the planning of realistic production capacity
based upon analysis of preventive maintenance time needs and failure
Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy
Develops a standardized program that influences the selection of
materials, equipment and spare parts.
Remains abreast of and applies advancing maintenance technology as
4-year degree in mechanical, electrical, or a related engineering field.
Completion of ACSCs Engineering Trainee program preferred, or 5 7 years
of experience in maintenance engineering practices.
Direct training and experience in maintenance engineering practices is
The incumbent must possess well-developed interpersonal and
communication skills, and be self-motivated and dedicated to effecting
positive change in a traditional maintenance minded workforce, from a
reactive to proactive maintenance philosophy.
- Assists the department manager with document preparation, product
research, plant and contractor interaction, calculations, and
inspection of relevant projects.
- Prepares and maintains documentation and data regarding facilities
- Facility layouts
- Expansion Plans
- As built plans
- Concept drawings
- Bid Packages
- Equipment Utility Requirements
- Utility Graphs
-One line diagrams
- Equipment layouts
- Presentation Drawings
- Writes specifications for bid packages regarding facilities
improvements for management approval.
- Reviews and reports on facilities engineering project work plans
prepared by outside consultants for compliance with company
standards and specifications.
- Recommends facilities maintenance standards, policies, and
- Develops performance criteria for ongoing planned facilities
**Your Background** Bachelor\'s Degree in Applied Science, Architecture,
or engineering-related discipline, plus 2 to 4 years of experience with
facilities CAD, planning, and layout development.
- Supervise the activities of all assigned personnel and contractors.
Review/develop and maintain all equipment repair records. Maintain
and organize inventory of spare parts/ equipment.
- Support the facilitation and roll out of a new PM program.
- Actively participate in budget preparation and is responsible for
- Formal planning and scheduling of all maintenance work.
- Assess skills and provide training. Provide necessary tools and
- Review, develop and implement formal, effective preventative
- Analyze and initiate necessary design changes to equipment/systems
to improve maintainability. Maintain all relevant records of
department operations (purchase orders, schedules, time cards,
equipment records, etc.). Develop and maintain all relevant safety
programs as required.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance, as required, for production and
- Maintain active oral and written communications with production and
- Ensure process changes properly handled.
- Initiate, prepare and execute capital appropriation requests as
- Ensure compliance with all rules, regulations and policies
pertaining to all federal, state, local and company health, safety
and environmental issues. Ensure compliance with all company and
plant rules and policies.
- Conduct monthly coaching sessions with direct reports