092 - Bashas' Deli Manager - Morenci
Deli Manager Job in Morenci, AZ
The deli/bistro manager will effectively direct and supervise all activities of the deli/bistro department and its personnel to achieve merchandising, sales and customer service goals established for the department. Must have previous food service management experience.
* Directing department personnel, meeting department's goals and objectives, communicating directly with the store director and deli/bistro department supervisors.
* Selecting, on-boarding and coaching all new team members.
* Scheduling all team members.
* Ordering the products and supplies necessary to maintain adequate stock levels and keep merchandising levels at deli/bistro standards.
* Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
* Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
* Overseeing the preparation and serving/merchandising of deli/bistro food service items, which includes such items as, breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees, fried chicken and other fried foods, roasting chickens, pizzas, prepared salads, sandwiches, and other meal items for hot cases, salad cases, and steam tables.
* Merchandising, slicing and weighing prepared deli meats and cheeses.
* Displaying deli/bistro merchandise, such as pre-cut cheeses, packaged salads, and snack items, following del/bistro department and/or company merchandising guidelines.
* Attentively rotating deli/bistro items for sale, ensuring quality and safety and product shrink control.
* Ensuring department personnel follow all county, city and company food safety and sanitation guidelines and policies.
* Receiving merchandise for sale and supplies, auditing invoices, breaking down orders, positioning cases of products in the deli storage area or in refrigerated walk-in coolers or frozen food walk-ins freezers.
* Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, and refunds.
* Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
* Understanding the importance monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
* Keeping clean, neat and orderly sales counters, food prep areas, warehouse shelving and walk-in coolers and freezers.
* Ensuring all department personnel use proper safety equipment and procedures.
* Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction. Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management.
Must be at least 18 years old. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time .This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time. Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.