Remote or Morrisville, NC
20 days ago$65k-130k yearly est.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll show you how this job matches you. Find out if this fits some or all of your criteria in a job and company.
Integrated Genetics, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group, has a great opportunity for a Lab Based Genetic Counselor. This is a position perfect for an organized, thorough, energetic Board Certified/Active Status for ABGC genetic counselor who is interested in genetics, client services, laboratory operations and business. The Genetic Counselor will consult and coordinate with clients and laboratory personnel regarding genetic tests performed by Integrated Genetics, Integrated Oncology and reference laboratories. The GC will be supporting the genomics hereditary cancer genetic testing group.
This is a remote-based position, and candidate can be located anywhere in the US.
* Provide hereditary cancer genetic testing expertise and support to clients/health care providers regarding test selection, test performance, and laboratory processes
* Review incoming specimens to ensure that appropriate testing has been ordered and that essential information about the patient has been provided
* Coordinate hereditary cancer testing for clients including send-out and reporting of results
* Communicate abnormal test results to health care professionals and provide recommendations for appropriate follow-up
* Provide active guidance to clients, lab support staff and sales team through ongoing informal education, case conference presentations, and client in-services
* Collaborate on publications, product launches, marketing pieces and other projects as opportunities arise
* MS in Human Genetics/Genetic Counseling
* ABGC/ABMG certification or active candidate status required
* Excellent communication skills, flexibility and the ability to multi-task are essential for this position
Monday - Friday