Industrial Maintenance Technician
Industrial Maintenance Technician Job in Rosedale, MS
Job DescriptionJob Description
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Prevent any and all drips, leaks, and spills that would affect the environment
• Be aware of and follow all personal protective equipment requirements
• Report any unsafe acts/conditions
• Maintain a clean and organized shop appearance
• Clean up after completing all tasks
• Follow and support AXEL’s Safety Management System
• Be familiar with and support the effort of implementing the quality policy and ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems, if applicable.
• Follow all documented procedures that relate to maintenance of equipment
• Recommend changes to procedures as per preventive action program
• Maintain, record and report inventory of critical equipment and spare parts
• Communicate and represent AXEL in a professional manner with plant management, plant personnel, other AXEL entities and outside vendors and contractors.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Performs building repairs and other duties as required such as light plumbing, painting, running occasional maintenance related errands and contact contracted labor for facilities up-keep.
• Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
• Working knowledge of reading measurements digital and manual.
• Working knowledge of common hand tools and manufacturing equipment (drills, pliers, tape measures, voltage meters, presses, sanders, etc.)
• Knowledge of “general maintenance” processes, method’s and procedures.
• Ability to disassemble machines, equipment and devices to remove, repair and or replace defective components and/or parts.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and written procedures.
• Cutting, welding skills required
• Basic electrical repair skills required
• Basic computer skills preferred
• Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)/Automation, Industrial Hydraulics, Plant maintenance and Systems Troubleshooting preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 1- 2 years of maintenance experience
• Formal training (certificate) in mechanical disciplines preferred
• Welding certification preferred
Various Safety and Quality training as required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Required to talk and hear – must be capable of distinguishing change in pitch on pumps and motors.
• Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
• Requires manual dexterity.
• Ability to work in extreme hot and cold environments.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, including equipment such as hoses, fittings, sampling devices, tank covers, lids, or other equipment as required by other assignments.
• Must be willing to work Overtime and “Mandatory Call-In” as needed or deemed necessary by management.
• Must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Company DescriptionWe are excited about the opportunities of tomorrow and the challenge of being the best. With a commitment to Succeeding Together, we will be a trusted partner, an industry champion, and a respected leader that makes a meaningful difference in the lives we touch.