Bakery Packaging Machine Operator 2nd Shift $16.86+.75 premium
Nation Pizza and Foods
Pack Machine Operator Job in Schaumburg, IL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspects product to verify conformance to customer specifications, including proper application of ingredients/materials i.e., oil, cornmeal etc.
• Requests the Bill of Materials (BOM) from Gatekeeper/Lead for the product in production.
• Requisitions the required ingredients stated on the BOM from the Gatekeeper.
• Checks that the ingredients staged by the Gatekeeper matches the ingredients requested in the BOM.
• Starts, stops, adjusts, and operates Fedco using approved methods, notifies Line Leader or Supervisor when repairs or adjustments are beyond the scope of his or her expertise.
• Operates auxiliary equipment associated with the operations of the Fedco machine including but not limited to: weigh scales, conveyor systems, etc.
• Requisitions ingredients and other supplies from Gatekeeper for delivery to work stations.
• Records all ingredients received and used during each shift.
• Ensures that Fedco machine is maintained in a sanitary condition.
• Recommends measures to improve methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, line or team.
• Analyzes production problems and assists team members in solving them.
• Maintains process control paperwork including but not limited to: weight and Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts.
• Ensures the Fedco machine is cleaned daily and maintain a clean work environment.
• Helps Gatekeeper bring materials into the room.
• Loads sauce and/or oil into the Fedco machine and maintains acceptable levels.
• Operates other packaging related equipment such as conveyors, tape machines, hand jacks, etc.
• Sets up and breaks down Fedco machine(s). Ensures parts are given to the sanitation department for washing after breakdown.
• Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
• Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are followed.
• Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
• Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
• Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and experience:
• High school, GED or equivalent.
Skills and Experience:
• One to three months of food manufacturing or packaging experience.
• Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
• Ability to speak, write and understand English.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, formulas, and policy and procedures manuals.
• Ability to write standard information into related paperwork.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including but not limited to pounds, ounces, grams, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and temperatures.
• Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Physical demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted and must frequently lift and/or move up to 2,200 pounds with lifting equipment or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Packaging Machine Operator will report directly to the Packaging Supervisor.