Albany Medical Center
Pediatric Nurse Job in Fallsburg, NY
The Nurse Educator may provide direct patient care, patient triage (in-person and telephonic), assessment, planning, directing and evaluating of a patient's specific care plan and clinic visit. The Nurse Educator collaborates with other members of the Pediatric Departmental Care Team to implement, track and develop staff training and development. The Nurse Educator independently implements planned educational activities in accordance with departmental priorities and targeted for orientation, in-service, governing body requirements and continuing education. The Nurse Educator acts as a clinical lead to onsite nursing staff in absence of an onsite Nurse Supervisor or Nurse Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
A. Mission, Core Values and Service Excellence:
1. Contributes to the creation of a compassionate and caring environment for patients, families and colleagues through displays of kindness and active listening. Recognizes and appreciates that each employee's work is valuable and contributes to the success of the Mission.
2. Demonstrates excellence in daily work. Actively participates in performance and quality improvement activities and works toward enhancing customer/patient satisfaction.
3. Exhibits positive service excellence skills to patients, visitors and coworkers by greeting others in a friendly manner, keeping customers/patients/colleagues informed about progress, delays and changes.
4. Demonstrates effective teamwork by interacting in a positive manner with colleagues and creating a collaborative work environment. Initiates open communication, conveys positive intent, offers assistance.
5. Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, colleagues by following established procedures and protocols, which address the needs of a diverse patient population and workforce.
6. Demonstrates stewardship by thoughtful and responsible use of resources including maintaining a clean and hospitable environment, starting work on time, displaying a consciousness regarding costs, supplies and department finances.
7. Demonstrates respect for individual differences of each person by acknowledging the essence of each person, appreciating and responding to unique, spiritual, personal and cultural backgrounds of patients, families and colleagues.
B. Learning Facilitation
1. Participates in the design and development of learning solutions in accordance with departmental plans that serve to achieve overall goals of the organization.
2. Participates in the planning and implementation of evidence-based education programs which will validate and enhance professional and ancillary competence.
3. Incorporate system and institutional values, goals and objectives into various educational programs presented to staff.
4. Supports all policies, procedures, and systems in compliance with regulatory standards.
5. Utilizes strong presentation skills in a manner that is both engaging and effective and uses a variety of methods.
C. Mentorship/Partnership for Practice Transitions
1. Provides direction and act as a mentor in assisting staff to succeed.
2. Facilitates orientation for clinical staff.
D. Change Management and Performance Improvement
1. Collaborate with nursing leadership, nursing staff and other disciplines to organize nursing education and research programs.
2. Actively participates in and supports hospital-wide functions and activities in order to promote the organization.
3. Support implementation and utilization of clinical research.
4. Keeps current in field by reviewing relevant literature, attending workshops and seminars, networking with colleagues.
5. Support the use by colleges and universities of the facilities for clinical education and foster good relationships between hospital and their education institutions.
E. Learning Technology and Knowledge Management
1. Be accountable for self-development and keep current on clinical, leadership, education and healthcare topics.
2. Ensures confidentiality of all patient and hospital information is maintained by department staff according to established procedure.
F. Project Management and Evaluation
1. Demonstrates effective leadership techniques as indicated by high productivity.
2. Responds to changes in work efficiently and effectively.
3. Evaluates program outcomes and collaborates to make modifications as needed.
G. Patient Safety
1. Monitor the compliance of professional, regulatory and governmental standards and maintain liaison with administration, quality, and risk management on regulatory agency investigations pertinent to the nursing organization.
2. Supports a system that encourages the identification and analysis of errors and near misses in the context of a safety culture.
3. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions given by their supervisor subject to reasonable accommodations.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Med!
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and patients all new employees are required to successfully complete all applicable federal, State and institutionally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
Relevant Background Check(s)
PPD / Tuberculosis Test
Albany Med is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Med, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.