Chemical and Inventory Specialist - Prairieland FS, Inc. - Jacksonville, IL
Inventory Specialist Job in Jacksonville, IL
At Prairieland FS, you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact. Working with the industry's top professionals, you'll develop new expertise through varied job experiences and company-sponsored training programs. And you'll be recognized and rewarded for your contributions. Plus, FS believes in attracting and retaining diverse talent. You can contribute your unique experiences and background to build a community that fosters mutual respect and meaningful relationships.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Under the direction of the Location Manager, assist in the daily operational duties at the assigned facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Blends products according to recommended rates and procedures.
* Set up material handling, blending, storage, transport, and application equipment for blending and delivering products.
* Applies crop production inputs to fields and growing crops according to recommended rates and procedures and following all pesticide labels. Records application data according to regulations and standards. Provide electronic and/or paper copies of "as applied" data on time.
* Maintain and repair company facilities and rolling stock as required.
* Responsible for inventory control and turning in application records daily. Assures all product is accounted for with either an invoice or delivery ticket.
* Responsible for maintaining operations at the retail location.
* Follow the maintenance schedule of the facility and equipment.
* Responsible for inventory and distribution of products.
* Drives and delivers products as required.
* Stocks and moves warehouse products and materials.
* Assist both full-time and part-time personnel.
* Maintains the facility and equipment image.
* Assists in obtaining goals by improving efficiency and reducing costs.
* Provides excellent customer service.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
* May serve on the location Safety Committee and adheres to the company's environmental health and safety policies and training.
* Follows Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA, and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
* Responsible for maintaining company equipment according to company standards, adhering to the company Uniform Policy, and maintaining the appropriate professional image.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Educations and Experience
* Normally requires a high school diploma or the equivalent thereof and related experience to demonstrate knowledge of basic business principles of inventory management and mechanics.
* Requires pesticide applicator license, related experience, and training to demonstrate the ability to deliver products, custom applies fertilizers, and crop protection products, inspect fields, take soil samples, and do minor equipment maintenance.
* Proven professional communication and customer service skills and the ability to comprehend simple instructions and communicate one-on-one and in small groups with customers and other employees.
* Demonstrated time management and basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, along with the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Proven professional communication, persuasion, and customer service skills.
* Proven team-building skills and the ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
* Demonstrated planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
* Understanding basic computer skills related to the custom application business.
* Ability to use the computer and "attention to detail" skills and the ability to use the computer to enhance business processes.
Demonstrated core competencies, including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision-making, and skill development.
* Must have or have the ability to obtain a CDL license with proper endorsements and a commercial operator's license within the first six months of employment.
* Ability to perform minor equipment maintenance and repair and lift 70 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to work extended hours during peak seasons.
* Occasionally exposed or required to:
Extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, etc.)
Working conditions may include dust, fumes, chemicals, and electrical hazards with appropriate safety measures
May be required to work at varying heights
EMPLOYEE MISSION STATEMENT
Prairieland FS, Inc strives to provide a Total Rewards package that delivers exceptional pay for exceptional performance, recognizes your dedication to our mission, and helps us attract and retain the highest caliber of talent.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Prairieland FS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, always looking for hardworking individuals to join our team.