University of New Mexico-Hospitals
Part Time Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Job in Tijeras, NM
Department: OPD Psych Providers
Part Time (20 - 29 hours per week)
Sign on Bonus for External Candidates.
ASAP Clinic Advance Practice Nurse Practitioner: Part-Time (24 hours/week) with benefits Provide outpatient mental health in the setting of an organization with a culture that fosters professional mentorship, growth, and sustainability. Supportive onboarding, team approach with dyad partnership among NP's/PA's and physicians. Manageable patient panels that allow you to have work-life balance.
Function as an advanced practice nurse in Behavioral Health in the roles of consultant, educator, practitioner and researcher. Prescribe and distribute drugs and controlled substances. Develop and implement patient care based on research and national practice standards designed to improve patient outcomes in specialized areas. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Assess, diagnose and develop treatment plans; implement treatment, follow-up and evaluate patient within the scope of practice protocols as outlined by state statute
* PRESCRIP AUTHORITY - Prescribes and distributes all drugs, including controlled substances
* PATIENT CARE - Perform patient history and physical exams as needed for procedures or admissions; document findings noting pertinent normal and abnormal findings
* PATIENT CARE - Perform invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
* PATIENT CARE - Evaluate and revise intervention care/treatment plan with patient and family as necessary to achieve improved health
* DOCUMENTATION - Provide accurate documentation of patient care, document orders, directives, procedures and patient responses in the medical record and communicate them to other members of the health care team; maintain accurate, legible and confidential records
* PATIENT CARE - Provide education for patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues and use of the prescribed medical treatment
* PATIENT CARE - Work as a team member with medical/nursing/counseling staff to provide comprehensive care and promote continuity of care
* EDUCATION - Guide, teach, support and serve as a clinical resource nursing and medical staff
* TRAINING - Act as a role model for advanced practice professions, precept nurses, other advanced practice nurses and physician assistant students
* RESEARCH - Support research by conducting or participating in research studies; incorporate findings in clinical practice
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Program Graduate
* Advanced Nurse or Clinical Nurse Spec
1 year psychiatric experience
Bilingual English/Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
Specialization in applicable area
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* NM Advanced Practice Nurse License (CNP, CNS, CRNA)
* ACLS or PALS (as applicable) within 30 days of hire
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Subject to UNM credentialing; must maintain credentialing
Department: Advanced Practice Providers
$61k-78k yearly est.