Social Media Video Editor
Nasdaq Omx Group, Inc.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $15 trillion. To learn more, visit: http://www.nasdaq.com
At Nasdaq, we are relentlessly reimagining the world of tomorrow - one that is built on innovative technology, fueled by market-moving insights and driven by forward thinking.
The Social Video Editor will report to the Director of Video and work closely with our Global Social Media team to bring social-first video to life across multiple platforms.
He/she will bring an entrepreneurial attitude to the role as a natural leader, networker and self-starter, and a high level of experience and comfort with managing and navigating different personalities and team dynamics.
The role demands creativity, energy, and a positive attitude. A successful candidate will combine editorial principles with brand storytelling in a variety of formats - social-first, short-form, animated, and/or long-form documentary style videos. They must have excellent writing, communication, and relationship management skills; sound judgment; and a passion for the ever-evolving world of social media, video editing and digital marketing.
This person is responsible for developing video content to distribute across our social media platforms that support marketing and communications initiatives; lead generation; community building, etc. This person will have experience storyboarding, shooting, editing and be responsible for participating in creative brainstorms as well as helping to create processes and improve workflow.
This person will balance the demands and interests of multiple projects across Nasdaq, influencers, clients and maintain key relationships internally.
A Focus on US Listings
* Coordinate social video content plans for pre-IPO, IPO day, and post-IPO journeys for Nasdaq-listed companies
* Engage with prospects through specific content creation & engagement, including attending marketing kick-off meetings & building sample social plans
* Maintain relationships with Nasdaq-listed companies and support ongoing visibility in partnership proposals
* Work on same-day turn videos based on IPOs or listed company milestones and ability to make short cut and creative social-first video
* Partner with Marketing colleagues to create & optimize social media content for paid and organic social media campaigns
* Connect best practices across departments to provide audience with a manageable posting frequency
* Provide updates on best-in-class video standards and emerging trends applicable to Nasdaq's social media channels and clients
General Video & Social Media Requirements
* Edit and finalize video content for short-form video projects for the listed companies; paid and organic social and optimize video content for different platforms
* Shoot short-form video content both on set during events and separately
* Aid in the process of end-to-end production and logistics for video projects with the social and creative teams
* Assist on sets of varying sizes and in small or solo crews, including setting up lighting, mic-ing up talent, running audio, and monitoring cameras
* Assistant editing tasks including offloading media, efficiently reviewing footage and choosing selects, and prepping timelines for other editors
* Able to take existing video content and reformat & optimize for social platforms
* Edit video content and work closely with Head of social, Listings and Executive Social Producer to bring campaign video projects to life
* Collaborate with the team on concept development, writing, editing
* Partner with the social team to create and animate graphics for videos as needed
* Motion graphics experience is a plus
* Experience developing storyboards for more abstract projects is also a plus
* Have the ability to analyze social media insights for video using social publishing and listening tools, analytics platforms
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand how their goals are best represented and amplified by our social channels, and maintain brand consistency
* A passion for social media both professionally and personally and the ability to look at and adapt quickly to new technology
* Ensure all content is fact-checked, proofread and has the necessary approvals
* Ability to execute live video on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live, Instagram Live, LinkedIn Live, and YouTube Live
* Thrive in our fast-paced environment, fulfilling last-minute requests and quick turnarounds, while prioritizing ongoing assignments
* Show skills in client partnerships and visual communication
* Capturing, sourcing, and animating additional images, video, and assets as needed
* Selecting appropriate music & sound effects and reporting appropriate music usage
* Impactful, visual storytelling that translates to high performance indicators like watch time, retention and views
* Proficient in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
* Comfortable with run-and-gun camera setups during fast-paced events
* Experience with setting up & operating lighting, tripods, and other equipment
* Experience with ensuring high quality audio in various conditions
* Adobe Audition or general sound production knowledge a plus
* Able to work nimbly and pick up and or pass on jobs to others when needed
* Excellent project management and organizational skills
* Very savvy user of essential social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, WeChat)
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
* Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills
* A culture watcher - passion for pop-culture and its infusion into the consumer brand ecosystem
* Ability to keep the pulse on video trends in business and tech: What are successful video makers big and small doing visually? How do we authentically participate?
* Navigates changing priorities, urgent leadership needs, brand challenges
* Self-starter with the confidence and ability to tackle new initiatives with little guidance
Sound like you?
Please provide links to examples of your most recent work on your resume: demo reel, full story examples, and animations.
Please follow through by clicking the "Apply" link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon.
* Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or English
* Experience Required: At least 6 years
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.