Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Oncology
San Carlos, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Oncology Commercial Systems- Job Description
Position Location: This position can be located in San Carlos, CA, Austin, TX, or remote (PST timezone preferred).
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Oncology Commercial Applications, within IT Commercial Application Services, will partner with business leaders, business process owners, resource and support (IT) organizations to provide high quality business systems analysis, mapping, design, configuration, implementation, and support services, for our Oncology Business Unit, across all Commercial Domains (Sales, Service & Marketing).
Functional/Technical knowledge of Salesforce.com Sales Cloud and Service Cloud, related SAAS applications, Business Analytics, and Master Data Management is Required; hands-on administrative experience with Salesforce.com, Marketing Automation solutions, and Service Solutions is highly preferred. Proven functional business acumen supporting Sales, Service, and Marketing functions, with the ability to understand and optimize complex processes across multiple applications is required. Experience working in HealthCare and Life Sciences (HLS) industries, particularly in Diagnostics, or Oncology, is Required.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Be the voice of Oncology: key business partner within the IT organization driving the initiatives of the Oncology Business Unit across Sales, Service, and Marketing, from thought to fruition
* Requires strong systems, analysis, support and reporting expertise as well as strong experience with Commercial business applications (Salesforce Sales Cloud / ServiceCloud, Marketing Automation, Service/Support applications, etc) which will enable you to successfully partner with Commercial teams to define and prioritize business requirements and translate requirements into systems solutions.
* Responsible for delivering value to the organization through strategic architecture, business impact, support and enhancement of Oncology Sales, Service and Marketing business applications and processes.
* Serves as a key integrator across business functions as well as liaison within IT to ensure Commercial business systems and processes empower leadership with the decision-making information they need to manage the business.
* Document current and future-state Commercial Sales, Service, and Marketing business processes, definitions, roles, responsibilities, and applications.
* Defines business requirements/ functional requirements and leading systems and process improvement initiatives supporting the Sales, Service, and Marketing processes and Applications across the Oncology BU
* Experience in partnering with business groups and recommending process changes to improve information flow; resolving complex business and technical issues from a customer focus; building efficient end-to-end processes and delivering projects that improve user productivity while maintaining appropriate controls.
* Leads and drives cross-functional teams, workshops of process design to realize value of Business Systems and Business Processes.
* Gather, review, analyze and document business systems and user requirements. Create a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions; provide justification for new projects when necessary.
* Prepare documents such as: BRD, ERD, solution diagram, system integration diagrams, use case list, process flows, functional design, wireframe, user stories, data models etc.
* Work directly with business users and our technical systems analyst to ensure understanding and effectiveness of systems design. Recommend design changes to improve overall efficiencies and meet strategic business requirements.
* Coordinate with System Administrators/Technical Team to build out appropriate solutions and translate into functional and technical requirements, POCs (proof of concept) for business sign-off, including communicating system limitations/design trade-offs.
* Set expectations with internal clients and keep them up to date about the status of existing requests and future releases.
* Ensure integration points and data flows between Commercial business systems and other enterprise systems are efficient and optimal. Conduct impact analysis cross-functionally and across systems to ensure end-to-end change impact is understood for all stakeholders.
* Coordinate with IT counterparts/teams including Enterprise Applications (Finance, Back-office, QMS, CTMS, etc.), Integrations, data and analytics (EDW & BI), Engineering (LIMS - Lab Information Management Systems,), UX (Patient & Provider Portals), Security, and Compliance, as necessary, to implement solutions in a unified manner; understand use of other platforms and IT teams supporting Oncology Commercial processes.
* Plan and coordinate user acceptance testing and business sign-off. Develop and execute integrated test plans including custom modifications. Develop and execute training and deployment communication plans / change management.
* Define requirements for, and design and develop management reports as necessary.
* Ensure standards for data quality and integrity between systems are developed in accordance with best practices.
* Document, test, and validate security and end-user access protocols.
* Develop and maintain adequate internal controls systems and processes, training documents, provide end-user training, and ensure effective user adoption of applications. Ensure SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are up to date; ensure traceability of changes across Requirements and SOP changes.
* Proactive: analyze industry and system trends, partner with stakeholders to share areas of opportunities, escalate issues when necessary.
* Analytics: ensure key KPIs are well defined, and able to be monitored in a standardized way across business functions; analytics/dashboards should be usable for users at any position in the organization, able to understand the purpose of the data and the insights it provides.
* Complies with Natera's Policies & Procedures protecting patient information and the confidentiality of the information in accordance with the Federal and State regulations, including HIPAA, Hitech, SOX, GDPR, CCPA, and support principles of IT Risk Management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
* 6-8 years relevant experience in the role of Business Systems Analyst.
* 4-6 years supporting and understanding commercial functional business domains (Sales, Service, Marketing), and best practices.
* 5-7 years experience with Salesforce.com Required- Salesforce certifications and hands-on administration experience are a plus
* A minimum of 4-6 years progressively complex information systems experience
* Experience integrating with Internal Home-Grown Patient and Provider Portals, and/or LIMS (Lab Information Management Systems) is Highly Desirable
* Functional /development experience in commercial Analytics and working with various visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc), including data querying, modeling, mapping, and definition across multiple systems and complex data sets - highly desirable.
* Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
* Experience in solution design, database modeling, and working hand and hand with technical architects. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and on multiple projects at a time
* A history of leading and supporting complex projects successfully
* Ability to adapt to ever changing environments and situations
* Ability to interact and communicate with individuals from all backgrounds and business levels
* Experience working in a regulated environment to adhere to all data privacy protocols in a clinical market is required
* Experience with other SaaS applications is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Strong functional/technical understanding of Salesforce.com (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Health Cloud, Communities, etc.)
* Strong understanding of end-to-end business processes spanning multiple functions
* Strong experience in Commercial technology (Marketing Automation, CTI, territory management, account planning, Omni-channel support, knowledge base, etc.)
* Strong experience in software requirements development, SDLC and software QA processes.
* Strong history of high-performance project team motivation and delivery.
* Excellent verbal and written English communications to all levels in enterprise. Ability to facilitate constructive discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
* Strong teamwork, collaboration and problem-solving skills & behaviors.
* Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
* Proven ability to positively influence and negotiate
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
* Experience with applications governed under regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, FDA or SOX
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
* Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times
* Travel may be required - amount of time varies based on location
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.