Home Bancshares, Inc.
President Job in Tulia, TX
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of full-service branch offices in predefined geographic market. Promotion of bank products and services that support overall company goals. Oversight responsibilities as community liaison for specific market, as well as participation to promote good will.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Management over bank retail, lending, and business development staff within assigned market.
* Partner with management to coordinate and attain market, region and company objectives.
* Hire, coach and lead a strong support team of retail staff.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Ensures all operational functions are performed accurately and timely.
* May originate, process and close various consumer and commercial loan products.
* Responsible for maintaining and developing business for the market.
* Requires participation in civic and community organizations.
* Oversight of compliance for the market.
* Conducts regular market meetings.
* Responsible for timely completion of annual performance reviews and disciplinary action.
* Maintain a safe and professional business environment. Ensure all equipment is in good working order.
* Participate in regular SWOT analysis for competitive advantage.
* May participate in corporate committees that benefit the holding company.
* Prepare and communicate market results and/or focus groups through reporting to executive management, advisory boards or Board of Directors.
* Oversight of prevention of monetary loss.
* Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
* Involved in market specific decisions such as donations, sponsorships, local bidding and RFPs.
* Provides public education and other community related services.
* The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
* Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 9 to 10 years related experience and/or training, and 9 to 10 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
Must have intense customer focus and ability to build strong relationships and teamwork. Seek out opportunities to interact with customers and make customer service a top priority in the branch. Must enjoy the challenge of selling and closing the sale. Must be able to set and communicate clear, actionable goals, for sales and service, and plan activities to achieve those goals. Directly responsible for guiding the actions of the retail staff towards team sales and service goals and tasks. Take ownership and responsibility for the success of the market.
The position may require the use of a vehicle to service customers, administer or participate in civic events, commute to company-owned properties, commute to company-related places of business, or any other purpose considered necessary to the job. Therefore, this position is classified as a safety sensitive position.