Commercial Lines Account Manager
Brown & Brown Insurance
Commercial Lines Account Manager Job in Needham, MA
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Designs, markets, and implements insurance programs. Coordinates services between the client and the insurance company and provides day-to-day consulting and client advice.
Essential Duties and Functions
Develops knowledge of a client’s business and industry and their specific risk profile though their business model, asset portfolio, product and cash flow, loss history, etc. Identifies the client’s exposure to loss and the means to address them; predominately through insurance risk transfer. Identifies tolerance to risk retention and service needs and protocols.
Collaborates in the development of a marketing plan to include creation of insurance specifications, time lines and complete market selections.
Negotiates with underwriters on behalf of our clients to develop the best program.
Creates insurance proposal to compare competitive insurance program options and recommend the best program for our clients.
Links risk identification, risk funding and service techniques to develop alternative program design strategies.
Monitors the risk transfer process: binder issuance, policy issuance reviews, service delivery, etc., for accuracy and timeliness.
Accurately completes the Renewal Information Request.
Develops and maintains relationships with underwriters and other service providers. Keeps abreast of changing market conditions and innovations.
Develops and maintains client service plans, manages mid-term changes and assists in Stewardship reviews.
Promptly and accurately responds to client requests. If responsibilities are delegated, follows through to ensure client received timely response.
May be responsible for service duties on some accounts.
Participates in identifying new business opportunities.
Attends Continuing Education classes.
Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.
BE Gritty, courage -
Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said. For example, addresses actions that are inconsistent with the organization's core values. Makes tough or unpopular decisions for the good of the organization. Creates a culture that supports taking well-reasoned risks, regardless of the results.
BE a Mentor, develops talent
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals. For example, builds long-term succession for key roles. Builds a learning culture in the team; uses teachable situations to offer insightful coaching. Recommends and facilitates activities and assignments that help people grow.
BE a Talent Magnet, attracts top talent
– Attracts and selects the best talent to meet current and future business needs. For example, constantly pursues candidates, positioning the organization as a desirable workplace. Has a sophisticated understanding of people' sees the subtle weakness in strong candidates, and the skills in weak candidates.
BE Smart, decision quality
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. For example, coaches’ leaders to push decision making down to the most appropriate level; challenges those who retain too much authority. Pushes for the use of sound logic and data when making organization-wide decisions.
BE the Link, drives engagement
- Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. For example, understands people's motivations, engages them in the work, and builds a sense of energy toward common goals. Ensures that others can make decisions and take accountability. Celebrates progress.
BE Clear, communicates effectively
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, listens attentively. Keeps others well informed. Conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally when speaking or writing.
BE Trustworthy, instills trust
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. For example, demonstrates integrity, upholding professional codes of conduct. Instills trust by following through on agreements and commitments despite competing priorities and by being honest and straightforward.
BE a Winner, drives results
– Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
BE a Futurist, cultivates innovation
- Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful. For example, comes up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems. Can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
BE Customer Focused, customer focus
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. For example, uses customer feedback and data to drive continuous improvement; creates an environment in which team members feel a strong sense of ownership and accountability toward creating the best possible customer experience.
BE Action Oriented, action oriented
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. For example, takes timely action on important or difficult issues. Identifies and pursues new opportunities that benefit the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to demonstrate an expert level of knowledge with all assigned products, insurance coverages, services, policies, pricing, placement of coverage, regulations and benefits of each as well as the Hays philosophy regarding these products and services.
Expertise in the insurance industry with a demonstrated ability to explain Hays capabilities relative to our competitors.
Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to connect with an audience and speak persuasively and succinctly. Demonstrates good listening skills to enhance understanding and probes effectively.
Strong attention to detail.
Strong time management skills and the ability to evaluate and prioritize multiple projects/tasks to maximize the number of internal and external clients that can be assisted while maintaining a high level of customer service.
Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
Works in a collaborative, team-oriented manner, fostering empowerment and ownership for service quality.
Develops and maintains a working knowledge of Hays systems.
Understands client profitability through an understanding of income, expenses and time utilized related to specific client needs.
Good keyboard and PC skills using word processing and spreadsheet software, familiarity with various software applications and the ability to learn new software systems.
Ability to work in a team environment that is constantly changing.
College degree preferred.
8 or more years of experience in the industry and licensed as a Producer of Property and Casualty in applicable state. Participates in continuing education in order to maintain the appropriate level of credentials.
Insurance designation preferred.
This position may require routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. If required, acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are requirements of this position.
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed this job description and can perform the essential duties with, or without, reasonable accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.