Hospice Social Worker PRN
Hospice Social Worker Job in New Bern, NC
Hospice Social Worker PRN - 2300899 Description PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer.
To provide social work services based on the individual needs of the patient and family as identified by the IDG and on the Psychosocial Assessment. Social Worker will provide psychosocial/supportive services to assist the patient and family by minimizing the stress and problems that arise during the terminal illness, related conditions, and the dying process.
• Provides professional counseling, assessment of psychosocial needs, assessments for financial needs and services including providing written explanation of Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance benefits to prospective patients/families when necessary, and provides guidance with regards to the grief and loss process.
• Completes psychosocial history and assessment, assessing the needs of the patient and family systems' psychosocial needs, within the guidelines of the policies and procedures.
• Provides crisis intervention and suicide assessment.
• Participates in the development of the plan of care with the interdisciplinary team, collaborates with other team members, and participates in updates to the plan of care.
• Provides services to the patient and family consistent with the plan of care.
• Assists the patient and family to cope with the psychosocial changes and stresses related to the terminal illness.
• Locates and obtains resources necessary to the financial, social, and emotional well-being of the patient.
• Provides counseling to family/caregivers to assist in coping with approaching death of the patient.
• Documents in the medical record all services.
• Provides bereavement services to families of patients and refers families to other resources as needed.
• Provides training in psycho-social needs of patients/families to hospice staff/nursing home staff.
• Recruit, train, and supervises hospice and home care volunteers, including assignments to families and patients.
• Assist with the physician and other health care team member's in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the health problems of the patient.
• Supervise/advise assigned BSW or baccalaureate degree person working in capacity of a social worker.
• Prepares clinical and progress notes according to policy and procedures.
• Uses appropriate community resources.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Participates in ongoing inservice education.
• Acts as a consultant to agency personnel.
• Coordinates care provided to patients and families under the direction of the Director of Health Services.
• Other duties as assigned by Administrator.
• Demonstrate knowledge of hospice services, progression of terminal illness, DNR/advance directives, financial resources, cultural diversity, family life cycle, grieving process, and burial planning.
• Employ skilled social work interventions (e.g. assessment, counseling, education, referral to community resources, crisis intervention).
• Continually reassess psychosocial needs of patient/resident and family (including bereavement risk).
• Maintain, formulate and adhere to individualized care plans to address patient/resident/family needs.
• Identify and attempt to resolve ethical situations that arise in the course of providing hospice care. Seek assistance from leadership as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
• Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
• Attend and participate in mandatory inservices.
• Honor patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
• Comply with corporate compliance program.
• Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
• Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
• Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW) required
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year experience preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Masters level social workers who are eligible for state licensure/certification will successfully pass the licensure exam within six months of employment with United Hospice. Social Workers will maintain current licensure and remain in good standing with the state licensure board. Social Workers will provide copies of their current licenses to be filed in their personnel records.
Current Driver's License and Automobile Liability Insurance.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
• Orientation and any other training that may be necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Positive criminal history check, Office of the Inspector General Sanction Check, and licensure validations.
• Social Workers will receive a Clinical Competency Assessment within the first 90 days of employment and as indicated according to the Administrator's recommendations.
• Attendance - must maintain timely, regular attendance.
• Professional appearance.
• Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption required by date of hire
Family Makes Us Stronger. Our family, your family, one family. Committed to loving, giving, and caring. United in making a difference.
We are eager to connect with you! Apply Now to get started at PruittHealth!
As a condition of employment at PruittHealth, all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job: Social Services Primary Location: North Carolina-New Bern Other Locations: North Carolina-Greenville, North Carolina-Havelock, North Carolina-Jacksonville Schedule: PRN : Shift:1st ShiftJob Posting: Jan 22, 2023, 10:29:05 AM Work Locations: PruittHealth Hospice New Bern 810 Kennedy Ave New Bern 28560