Leader, Field Automation - Remote
Remote or Atlanta, GA
Field Integration - Automation Leader
Reports to: Senior Manager, IT Field Services
The Field Integration Automation Leader will act as a change agent to support and drive IT/OT standards adoption and implementation across the manufacturing enterprise. Leads and manages Smart Factory implementations, working as a liaison between the OT Center of Excellence, IT Infrastructure and plant operations to implement Field IT/OT technologies and processes, ensuring effective delivery of IT/OT services to the business. The role will drive successful project completion, team adoption of new technologies, and usage of standard operational procedures across all global sites. In addition to providing leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of approved standards and practices for IT/OT systems, including network implementation, Robotics, Cobots, Field Devices, and IT Systems.
Manage System Support & Maintenance -
* Operational Readiness
* Determine cost/benefit and complexities of new processes and projects, prepare for testing, discuss the roll-out of new projects and software upgrades, and/or discuss other applicable issues.
* Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
* Acts as technical resource to the plants and engineering group to support and deliver IT/OT solutions to resolve manufacturing issues and improve operational performance in the areas of Controls, Automation, Manufacturing Networks, Manufacturing Network Security, and machine connectivity
* Basic Application Support
* Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
* Implements system changes and administers access to systems and information utilizing approved information technology security policies, standards and guidelines.
* Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve application problems.
* Maintain good working relationships with internal departments as well as 3rd party vendors and hosting providers
* Support Processes & Documentation
* Participates in/on a variety of meetings, groups, and/or committees to communicate and confer about process analysis of existing procedures and systems.
* Assist engineering team in developing User Requirements Specification (URS) documentation specifying OT/IT requirements for new equipment purchases.
* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
* Ensure all technical and non-technical documentation is up-to-date.
* Assist in managing the gathering and vetting of the data and documentation required for creating the application or system runbook.
* Vulnerability & Obsolescence Management
* Manage application maintenance outsourcing & software contract agreements
* Implement and monitor standards to ensure compliance to mitigate risk, increase service/business Impact & reduce costs.
* Monitor the life cycle of software and hardware components that support operational technology systems within the Supply Chain.
* Initiate new server and workstation builds and remain in compliance with IT standards and software lifecycle management.
* Perform research and installation of components to support operational technology projects and identify outdated software that needs to be replaced.
* Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
* Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
* May participate in computer audits and perform testing for disaster recovery process, ensuring a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information.
* Project Management
* Performs project management and participates on project teams responsible for system hardware and application software implementation and upgrades; determines project scope and staff resources required to complete projects; prepares project work plans and timelines
* Monitors project milestones and reports project progress to PMO and IT Leadership.
Additional Role Responsibilities
* Conduct regular audits of sites to ensure systems are at required configuration and levels, meeting security and system compliance targets.
* Determine and recommend technology and process improvements.
* Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
* Provide orientation and training to Field IT teams prior to modifying or implementing new systems.
* Provides technical guidance and advanced level 3 support for standard IT systems
* Promotes and drives the usage of standard procedures, common applications and supported technologies at all sites to ensure an effective, consistent and secure delivery of IT services.
* Work alongside with other Newell towers to plan and implement the installation, or upgrading, of networking hardware and other business supporting technology system.
* Minimum of 5 years experience perofrming systems implementation, IT application or infrastrcture support, and/or consulting in a high-volume distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
* Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
* Strong attention to detail and process orientation.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills for design and troubleshooting of technology installs.
* Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
* Technical competence with strong results-oriented performance.
* Ability to conduct research into technology issues and products as required.
* Team-Oriented, collaborative, flexible, and self-managed.
* Management skills that can mobilize, influence, and lead a matrixed team towards a common vision and set of objectives.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
* Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware.
* Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
* Ability to travel up to 25% during project work, with the occasional 50% travel where applicable.
* Potential for international travel.
* On-call availability 24/7.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as servers, computers, UPS units and peripherals.
* Occasional inspection of cables and wiring in floors and ceilings.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.