Maintenance Technician / Locksmith
Geo Group Inc.
Santa Rosa, NM
Facility: GUADALUPE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, performs general maintenance work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill. Responsible for the security, inventory, and maintenance of the facility locking mechanisms and key control.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to key control.
* Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete work.
* Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
* Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
* Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
* May perform carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures.
* May perform plumbing, heating and air conditioning work in repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities, or any other related work requiring these skills.
* May perform electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring or any other related work requiring these skills.
* May perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
* May perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
* Maintains records of repairs.
* Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
$24k-39k yearly est.