Accounting Manager-Lufkin, TX
Accounting Manager Job in Jasper, TX
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Create all GL and bank reconciliations for the Operating Company
* Fixed Asset setup forms and sub ledger management
* Support Accounts Payable with company coding for invoices that don't have details (e.g. contact company employees to track who purchased it)
* Manage coordination with operations to identify any new leases and perform monthly lease accounting via the Tririga system including booking monthly journal entries
* Semi-Annually create a lease memo to reconcile the sub-ledger to the GL and describe your processes to ensure completeness
* Pull support and record via a journal entry monthly statistics for supporting items including backlog, fixed asset stats, energy stats, etc
* Review AP sub ledgers and Delivery due for purchase orders that have to be received and received not invoiced for duplicate expense items
* Support internal and external audits for random requests
* Keep up with monthly accruals including energy, haul, legal, property tax, etc
* Make Misc journal entries required to clean up job cost entries
* Keep up with monthly reporting package for management and operations and answer detailed questions from operations about monthly costs
* Run all of the SOX reports for the month so they are ready for sign off
* Perform a headquarters batch review to confirm all batches are saved on the shared drive and reviewed
* Any miscellaneous items from an accounting perspective that need to be done are handled by this position
* Cross-train on Inventory accounting, including production
Education / Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Business with a concentration/emphasis in Accounting or Finance, and/or a comparable equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Master's degree in Business with a concentration/emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
* Five-plus years in experience preferred
* Very strong Excel skills are required, along with significant experience in all Microsoft Office products
* Must be 18 years in age or older.
* Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
* Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the public always.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
* Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume fast-paced environment
* Ability to analyze issues independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
* Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2023