Regional Financial Specialist
Sykesville, MD 21784
Nexion affiliates operate 53 skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
The Regional Financial Specialist responsible for assisting facilities collect outstanding Accounts Receivables in accordance with Nexion Corporate policy and applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Under the direct supervision of the Regional Financial Manager (RFM) and Accounts Receivable Manager (AR), the Regional Financial Specialist will focus on a set number of facilities.
* Travel to facilities to consult with Business Office Manager (BOM) on any business office issues.
* Review facility aging on a weekly basis.
* Ensure billing (Medicaid, Medicare, Co-insurance, Hospice, Insurance, and Manage care) is done timely.
* Travel to facilities, as needed, to assist the Business Office Manager in collecting cash.
* Follow up on resident accounts in Point Click Care (PCC) until the balances are paid in full.
* Cover a building if the facility Business Office Manager is on vacation or there is an open Business Office Manager position.
* Travel to other regions as needed.
* Assist Business Office Manager in month end close as needed.
* Travel to Medicaid and Manage Care open forums.
* Work with facility administrator to administer BOM disciplinary action plans.
* Train new Business Office Manager as needed.
* Balance Resident Trust Fund quarterly.
* Meet with RDO's and COO to discuss accounts bad debt accounts.
* Reconcile outstanding bank reconciliation and patient refund issues.
* Audit resident accounts.
* Review weekly cash collection reports.
* Attend Regional Meetings, Business Office Manager Conferences, and Operations meetings.
* Approve consolidated billing invoices.
* Work closely with underperforming facilities.
* Update Reliant ADR spreadsheets.
* Verify Medicare benefits on weekends and holidays for potential admissions.
* Attend and participate in continuing educational programs and seminars.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Strong working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (databases, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.).
* Must have strong organizational skills.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must have minimum of 10 years of experience in Long Term Care as a Business Office Manager.
* Must have working knowledge of Point Click Care (PCC) software.
* Must have working knowledge of Medicaid system,
* Must have working knowledge of Medicare System.
* Must have working knowledge of RFMS.
* Must have basic understanding of ICD-9 and/or ICD-10.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English Language.
* Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Possess the ability to deal tactfully with all types of personnel and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
* Knowledgeable of administrative practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to Medicare, Medicaid and Manage Care, etc.
Compensation and Benefits Package
We offer a great work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits, which include: 100% Paid Vacation/Sick. Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance and AD and D.